So, I just finished making a Super Bowl commercial...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So, I just finished making a Super Bowl commercial (yeah, pretty excited about it) and I think it's really very good (yeah, pretty excited about it) and I can't wait to see it on February 4th (yeah, pretty excited about it).

I'm also a tad bit nervous about how it will be evaluated by the public and the press afterwards. It's relatively easy to predict how the "ad industry" will view one spot versus another, but how do YOU rate SuperBowl commercials?

Of course there is the simple "it was entertaining" along with the general "I liked it" or "I didn't like it." But in the end, I think the only measure of success of a SuperBowl ad is really on the balance sheet, so has a SuperBowl ad ever gotten you to say "Hmmm, I really oughta consider that product/service"?

By that I mean more so than "regular" advertising.

PS - don't tell me "I'm not swayed by advertising one way or the other..." because...

1.) That's just not true
2.) If you think it IS true, see #1 above
3.) If you still think you're not swayed by ads it just means that our plan is working even better than we had hoped

:)

I remember go to Disneyland, was that a Superbowl?

I like Budweiser. . .

edgy.

it needs to be edgy...without gratutitous nudity.

Well, ..WHAT'S IT ABOUT??

More details, please!

okay then...but something better than Janet's nipple.

That just wasn't worth the ruckus.

If we are going to make the kids uncomfortable, at least let it be good.

I wasn't quick enough...right over my head. I am sick of all the bumping and grinding though.

catherine96821:
edgy.

it needs to be edgy...without gratutitous nudity.

Well, ..WHAT'S IT ABOUT??

It's edgy, I think. We're trying to ride a narrow line between humorous and serious, and it's not easy. A little too far one way and the message won't come across. A little too far the other and there might be some pushback.

There's no nudity - gratuitous or otherwise. But, how do you feel about violence?

Can tell more early next week, when a news story about it will break. Monday or could be Tuesday. Not sure if I'll be quoted or not. Even if I am, not sure you'll know it's me because I doubt they'll say "According to Scubaboard's RJP..."

:)

Back
Top Bottom