So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver:
I twisted something yesterday and had a bad night. So, today I'm playing on the computer and squirming for comfort. In the playing I stumbled on this thread. You guys give me an identity crisis!

My primary thing in diving is to have FUN. But, I also enjoy getting all the technical details nailed down too. I don't follow any particular diving philosophy but incorporate everything I learn into what I do; something like knowing why I do what I do. I look askance at those who think their particular style or type of diving is "more dangerous", "more difficult", etc than any other activity, for example like running into burning buildings, or flying airplanes like I used to do.

My primary saying is: "Do it for Fun; Do it for Survival; Or, Don't Do it At All".

So, where, oh where do I fit.......

Well, here's the way I see it. Would you take this same post and post it in another, more serious forum? You are expecting an all-embracing response to this post in this forum, aren't you. And you shall get it. You probably wouldn't get it elsewhere.

There is your answer. You are comfortable telling us about your identity crisis in this forum. You my friend, are a dork diver :)

ArcticDiver:
I twisted something yesterday and had a bad night. So, today I'm playing on the computer and squirming for comfort. In the playing I stumbled on this thread. You guys give me an identity crisis!

My primary thing in diving is to have FUN. But, I also enjoy getting all the technical details nailed down too. I don't follow any particular diving philosophy but incorporate everything I learn into what I do; something like knowing why I do what I do. I look askance at those who think their particular style or type of diving is "more dangerous", "more difficult", etc than any other activity, for example like running into burning buildings, or flying airplanes like I used to do.

My primary saying is: "Do it for Fun; Do it for Survival; Or, Don't Do it At All".

So you do it for the FUN of it,You must be a DORKDIVER :dork2:
as long as you have a snorkel that is:rofl3:

OHHHHHHHHHH.... Obviously my hormone levels aren't high enough:D

nereas:
There is a way to Do It Right so that yours does not stick out like that.

Uh oh, are you going DIR on us now? :confused: Trucker girl, I need to borrow your 18 wheeler, I'll give it back afterwards. :D

OK I resemble that.

A comment on the saying:

Years ago I had a job that was, to say the least, stressful. I had to deal with a notoriously dysfunctional political body, a company that was growing at better than 30% per year, major changes in technology and an established cronyism that permeated everything.

One day I said to myself: Me; Are you having fun? After all a lot of stressful jobs are, at their core, fun. If you aren't having fun do you need the income for survival? So, no fun and not needed for survival = out of there. Hence:
"Do It for Fun; Do It for Survival; Or, Don't Do It At All."

ArcticDiver:

You fit in fine here if you want to. Here is where the difference lies: You can dive any set up you want as long as you have fun doing it, and you are safe. Most all of us agree it is much easier to have fun when you are trained, knowledgeable and comfortable with your gear. You can have every tech and cave cert known and still be a Dork Diver, unless you feel the need to convert/criticize all the other dork divers about their choice of gear or style of diving. Simple, huh?

Now, go forth, have fun, and carpe dorkum! :dork2:

Me = :14: :dork2: :coffee: :heart:

At least I think so:)

That I can't even find my snorkel has no bearing on this.

ArcticDiver:
Me = :14: :dork2: :coffee: :heart:

At least I think so:)

That I can't even find my snorkel has no bearing on this.
Doesn't matter if you can't find it as long as you have/had one/once :D
Best ones sould be yellow or better yet pink:rofl3:

YOU must be a :14::dork2::coffee::lotsalove::rofl3:

Your cricis ends here :D

Welcome to Dorkdom

Back
Top Bottom