So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Why does the conversation always go back to Ber??? :D :D :D I think I have just earned an Ear whalloping.

Ear THWAPPING, not whalloping, thwapping...get to the end of the line, my GLWC buds get their thwapping first :eyebrow:

Walter my dear, I'm trying to figure out if that's an insult or a compliment. Are you saying I'm not smart enough to be a nerd or just too dorky :huh:
Ber :lilbunny:

scratchmyback:
When you break or bend one of these nails, you can tear the nail right out of the nailbed.

I had nails put on for a formal event several years ago (I believe they were fiberglass). It was an expensive set ($60) and I told her I was afraid I would break them before the event so she put an extra layer of something on them. I originally intended to have them taken off as soon as I got back in town but I kind of liked them once the clumsiness wore off so I didn't. I was at work and picking something up when my hand slipped and basically "punched" a slot on a tray. My thumbnail hung in the slot but my hand kept going and ripped all but a tiny bit of my nail out of the nail bed. EEEEEOUCH! It's fairly dirty at work so I put some rubbing alcohol on it to clean it...don't do that EVER EVER EVER EVER! I managed to keep from passing out or vomiting from the pain. I was able to put the nail back into the bed and keep it wrapped up until the new nail grew back in. I had the rest of those nails taken off the next day and only had nails put on again for my wedding and I had her put them on Thursday afternoon and take them off on Monday. I'm far too clumsy to wear nails safely :11:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber, next time, post that in a spoiler box!

Some of us just about cut a few calories from lunch... after the meal, that is. :eek:

nereas:
I love trimix. I dove with it twice just yesterday (7/28/2007). I keep 2 sets of doubles ready to go with TMX 20/40 for any dives in the range of 100-200 fsw, and another 2 sets of doubles ready to go with TMX 30/30 for any dives in the range of 100 fsw.
But did you have fun?
nereas:
I compute my SAC rates for every dive, and always log it into my notebook.
Good for you! I am sure it helps with gas planning for the type of diving you do.
nereas:
My gear costs a fortune, since I buy only the best of the best (ScubaPro, PST, Sartek, X-Scooter, etc.)
If you can afford it, why not?
nereas:
But I just had to check out why NetDoc was posting here too, since as a NAUI instructor he does not strike me as a dork diver either.
What agency or level of proficiency you have attained has nothing to do with the Dork Diver status. Dork Diving is an attitude.
nereas:
When I think of a dork diver, I think of someone who:
1) leaves their snorkel behind on open water dives;
2) uses split fins;
3) has their tank dangling so low on their B/C by a single tank strap that it is bound to fall off sometime during this dive or the next;
4) does fins-on entries on beach dives;
5) crawls on beach exits;
6) wears their mask on their forehead;
7) drags their console and/or octo around without securing it;
8) does not check their SPG and runs OOA;
9) is a huge liability to anyone else in the water.
Then you have an unfortunate choice of words to associate with those traits. As has already been said, some are bad habits, some can be circumstantial, and some are just opinion, but none has to do with being a Dork Diver. Just like suggestions about gear and set ups. If someone asks we will try to help, but what they wear and why they wear it is up to them as long as it is safe (for them and their buddy).
nereas:
But those are just my thoughts. And the word is just a word. Sticks and stones, love (as Johnny Depp said in Pirates 1.)
As you can tell, Dork Divers don't flame or start word wars. Those harsh our mellow. I suggest you go here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=188874 and read our manifesto, so you can see what we are about.

nereas:
Therefore it looks like I don't belong here either.
Like canned cheese, bad puns, pink snorkels, dive flag nails, rabbit ears, orange shovels, split fins and a HOG rig, being a DD is not for everybody. But thanks for stopping by.

Dork Diver does not equal being unsafe. Dork Diver is about enjoying life. Being a dork to me means I don't mind being goofy or a nutball and playing with my yoyo. This doesn't mean that I am not aware of my buddy's or my own safety.

B.

..........we have gone full circle..............we are back to nails.
Ok , there is nothing like a good Ring Shank, I dont care what you say

Back
Top Bottom