So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you now have an infection. Go see your doc!

nereas:
I am past the stage of prevention, unfortunately.

It is on my neck, shoulders, and upper arms, and also ankles, where sea water entered at my dive skins.

I heard something about oatmeal baths, but not sure if it is worth it.

How long until it goes away? I have been back from the Florida Keys for a month now.

Next time I will take a shower on the live-aboard after every dive.

dontaskme...just saw your sig line....wanna move to Hawaii?

NetDoc:
Sounds like you now have an infection. Go see your doc!

Its just sea lice, not an infection. It should clear up eventually. Everything I have read about it deals strictly with the symptoms, and says nothing about a "cure."

My physician will only charge me $250 for the office visit and likely tell me the same. Plus his nurse is really rude.

justleesa:
dontaskme...just saw your sig line....wanna move to Hawaii?
I know where heaven is, and its in the Pacific Ocean
latitude 20.97, longitude 156.83
One of these day I will get the big pay day here in Vegas, and it will be ALOHA !!!!, and Kava for everyone
:D :D :D

dontaskme:
I know where heaven is, and its in the Pacific Ocean
latitude 20.97, longitude 156.83
One of these day I will get the big pay day here in Vegas, and it will be ALOHA !!!!, and Kava for everyone
:D :D :D

I was almost there, with the offer to go to Honolulu. The problem was that one particular person on the interview team and I did not see eye to eye. And on a small island like Oahu, in a relatively small company like that, I did not want to have any caveats.

I would have been managing their real estate portfolio on several of the islands, for sugar cane and pineapples, and shopping malls on Oahu. But it did not feel right to me. Oh well.

When they asked me why I turned the job down, I explained. I will check back with them after a couple of years, and if that particular person is gone, then I will re-consider.

I think it would be truly great to live, work, and dive in Hawai'i.

And Florida & California are 2nd & 3rd, respectively, in my view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom