So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's whey Pasteur bedtime, Jack! You can be the Big Cheese in the morning.

This is starting to grate on me so badly that I am beginning to age! What a crock!

You know, NetDoc, I think you really gruyère cheese puns a bit too tall.

So at what partial pressure does easy cheeze become a danger ?
and is there such a thing as "Easy Cheeze-toxcity"

If you have been paying attention, it obviously only takes ONE atmosphere to get cheesed off around here. The humor is so cold it's making me cheddar!

To Brie or not to Brie
That is the fromage!
Perhaps it is to taste,
nay, to indulge.
A limburger by any other name wouldst smell as sweet!

'Tis apparent that I am as twisted as the cheese!

dontaskme:
So at what partial pressure does easy cheeze become a danger ?
and is there such a thing as "Easy Cheeze-toxcity"
Have any of you cut open a can of E.C.? It seems as if the pressurizing fluid (gas, mixed-phase, or whatever) and cheese compound cannot commingle, or else there would likely be significant spatter and likely a foamy texture. I'd always assumed it was like one of those infant bag-in-bottle devices, with the cheese compound isolated from the pressurizing fluid.

I suppose it could be a piston-style device, but the bag-in-bottle concept seems more efficient to me. The fact the cheese compound gradually slows down and finally ceases to flow without any... (um, what's "slurpage" in the opposite direction? "canned cheese flatulence" doesn't sound so great)... well, anyway, the fact there's little, if any, of that would seem to support the idea that there is some sort of isolation method.

Assuming the cheese compound is isolated from the pressurizing fluid, there is no cheese pressure to cause concern. If, on the other hand, there were no isolation, knowledge of the pressurizing fluid would be necessary, as that would be where one would find potential issues.

Incidentally, seeing a thread named "So, I have to ask..." with a last reply by "dontaskme" was a highlight of my evening. (Well, that and the pitcher of ice water -- it was hot on the boat today.) :D

justleesa:

Oh Great now people are speaking french !!! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

LindaBluedolphin:
We represent the divers who just want to have fun and don't care about a lot of the other stuff such as

Trimix
SAC Rates
How much your gear costs
and several other wise words to dive by

Thanks for asking NetDoc

I love trimix. I dove with it twice just yesterday (7/28/2007). I keep 2 sets of doubles ready to go with TMX 20/40 for any dives in the range of 100-200 fsw, and another 2 sets of doubles ready to go with TMX 30/30 for any dives in the range of 100 fsw.

I compute my SAC rates for every dive, and always log it into my notebook.

My gear costs a fortune, since I buy only the best of the best (ScubaPro, PST, Sartek, X-Scooter, etc.)

Therefore it looks like I dont belong here either.

But I just had to check out why NetDoc was posting here too, since as a NAUI instructor he does not strike me as a dork diver either.

When I think of a dork diver, I think of someone who:

1) leaves their snorkel behind on open water dives;
2) uses split fins;
3) has their tank dangling so low on their B/C by a single tank strap that it is bound to fall off sometime during this dive or the next;
4) does fins-on entries on beach dives;
5) crawls on beach exits;
6) wears their mask on their forehead;
7) drags their console and/or octo around without securing it;
8) does not check their SPG and runs OOA;
9) is a huge liability to anyone else in the water.

But those are just my thoughts. And the word is just a word. Sticks and stones, love (as Johnny Depp said in Pirates 1.)

Back
Top Bottom