So Cal Divers come to Ft Lauderdale in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Your own Scuba Jenny has been inspirational in closing the deal to get us there. I was told the best place to throw out a request to party like diving rock stars and not just be trippin' in private is right here on the Private Trips.

I'm thinking diving in the Ft Lauderdale area - beach diving, boat diving, wrecks, reefs, etc. Burning a day to go to the keys currently isn't part of the plan - but if you can convince me, I may re-consider.

We'll fly in Thursday, August 5th - at about 5:00 PM. I see us diving our faces off Friday and Saturday (with some night diving, for sure) and maybe half a day Sunday. We'll leave Monday night at 5:35 PM.

I need some of you local types to help me plan the fineries of this trip. If we can mix in an SB slam, I'm surely into that, too. Maybe on Sat or Sunday??

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Ken

Mo2vation:
I see us diving our faces off Friday and Saturday (with some night diving, for sure) and maybe half a day Sunday.
How will we be able to recognize you when you come back. My "printout" for the SCUBA Show will be no good anymore. :11:

Christian

He will be the one with the silly grin on his face because he can't believe how good the folks in Ft. Lauderdale have it!

Right on Jenny! Ken, I think the folks of the East coast can accomodate creating a few days of submersed entertainment for you :D I may have to think about a day trip over for a dive or two.

Mo2vation:
Your own Scuba Jenny has been inspirational in closing the deal to get us there. I was told the best place to throw out a request to party like diving rock stars and not just be trippin' in private is right here on the Private Trips....SNIP
Great! Are you interested in doing some diving in the Keys?

Are you nitrox?

FYI, it's $45/trip/person for a 2-tank dive. I've started doing two boats (4 dives) and tho it makes for a loooong day it's worth it IMO. It's a full day there & back regardless of whether you do one or both boats.

MikeJacobs:
Great! Are you interested in doing some diving in the Keys? Are you nitrox?

Both wifie and I are ANDI Safeair Nitrox.

K

i need to make a trip down there to meet Mo2Vation for sure and see the gang
down there...

plan on seeing me there Friday night and diving the whole day Saturday and
maybe Sunday morning

cant' wait!

Everyone knows that when you dive with Jenny, you have the greatest experiences. We look forward to meeting you and doing lots of diving! Try to hook up with Grier when you're down here b/c he's a certified Scorpion fish magnet! LOL :)

Waterbabie:
Everyone knows that when you dive with Jenny, you have the greatest experiences. We look forward to meeting you and doing lots of diving! Try to hook up with Grier when you're down here b/c he's a certified Scorpion fish magnet! LOL :)

Glad to be of service. And Rebecca, you'll have to take the photos...

Mo2vation:
Both wifie and I are ANDI Safeair Nitrox.
Cool, though I have no idea what any of that means except "Nitrox" lol...

Well, then why don't you seriously consider making Saturday a Keys-day? A couple of weeks before you come out, let's see if we're still up for it and make a post under "private" trips.

We get best turnout when posting the day, time and place in the subject line and then the contact information for the operator in the message. We've done several trips and always get a small group.

In the mean time you can call Captain Brian for the basic info... Island Ventures www.islandventure.com 1-866-293-5006

By the way, Lighthouse Dive for local dives is http://www.lighthousedive.com/ (954) 788-0208. Like I said, however, they're all great down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom