So Cal Campout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jondavies

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone,

Just a reminder about the Malibu Campout and Dive Party -- it's less that two weeks away, (Oct. 7-9)!!

Everybody is welcome to come down, dive, hang-out and have fun for the weekend.

We are planning to start the weekend off with some lobster diving on Friday night, possibly somewhere around Palos Verdes. On Saturday, we'll try to get out to the pinnacles at Pt. Dume in Malibu if conditions are good (kayaks welcome) and then hit some more fun spots around Malibu. There'll be more opportunities to dive on Sunday if anyone wants to (depending on how late the party goes on Saturday I guess!)

Speaking of Saturday night, it's going to be a mega lobster feast! I'm planning to bring a bunch of bugs with me, and I'm sure everyone who goes hunting will contribute a few to the community pot. Our resident chefs will be on hand to cook up some fantastic creations, but please bring your own favorite dishes and recipes and contribute something to the feast. If you don't cook, then please stop by a deli and bring something pre-made.

Also remember to bring a few camp chairs and some liquid refreshment of your choice. As in grade school, bring enough to share :)

If you are planning to spend the night, please don't forget to make a reservation at the campsite -- www.maliburv.com or (800) 622-6052. Reference my reservation number (A133957) and ask for a spot with the "camp-and-dive group."

It's a really nice campsite on a bluff overlooking Malibu with great views of the ocean, Catalina etc. There is an on-site mini market and a bathroom building with free hot showers etc. Unfortunately, because of the fire danger, they don't allow wood fires, but there are BBQ grills and I'm thinking of bringing a faux propane campfire for effect.

If you have any questions, email me at jondavies @ earthlink.net.

Let me know if you're planning to show up, so I have an idea of how many people to expect.

Cheers!

Jon

I will be camping with you guys in spirit this time as unexpected runover in time on a project I am working on is forcing me to work instead.

Back
Top Bottom