So....Anyone PSAI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John L.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering if many people on the board are PSAI certified. I was also wondering how many instructors they had, I can't find much info on thier website. I am an open water PSAI certified so any info would help.

Here in the Philippines a small group has started but they are mostly technical divers. They are pretty small community worldwide and based on their credo thats the way they want their organization/agency to be.
I have read their technical manuals and it actually better than some of the well known agencies.

Thanks for the response. The main reason I'm asking is because I'm not sure whether or not I should stay with PSAI. I currently have an instructor that could train me through AOW, nitrox, and a few specialties but I don't think he's a tek instructor even though he is a deep water and cave diver. I know I won't be doing any tek diving anytime soon but caves are something I'm very interested in.

I really like PSAI, the manual for OW was more than adequate and what I've been able to find out about there training for other certs they're very thorough I'm just afraid that I won't be able to find instructors close enough to take classes from. I realize that I could always take a vacation for more training but if I'm on vacation I'd rather just dive and not have to worry about getting a certification.

Anyone know of an instructor list for PSAI where i could find instructors by area?

P.S.(To the Mods)--Feel free to move this post if this isn't the appropriate section. I'm new here :dork2:!!

Contact Phreatic Fanatic here on the board, he is a PSAI instructor and I bet he can answer your questions if you send him a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom