Snorkels and where you hide them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At home with all the other useless dive gear I have accumulated over the years... If you enjoy a surface snorkel between dives I guess on you mask would do but other than that the closet is a great place for it!

do you carry one on each side?

he he, now that would be funny.

something about the foldable version just reminds me of pocket protectors and slide rules. Plus I don't beleive in pockets...

I thnk Lynne first described this snorkel method a while back, with the cycle tubing, but I doubt it's DIR compliant.

Clipped to my mask strap. I pop it into my mouth on the surface of the ocean before I dive and when I come up to the surface. I spent years snorkeling before I learned to dive so ocean surface means snorkel in mouth.

mine is hidden at the bottom of the ocean of the shore of caribe blu in cozumel. i left it there last may and am going back to retrieve it in 3 weeks.

fishballer:
mine is hidden at the bottom of the ocean of the shore of caribe blu in cozumel. i left it there last may and am going back to retrieve it in 3 weeks.

Any excuse will do!

Oceanic Pocket Snorkel (the most useable and snorkel-like snorkel of all the folding/pocket snorkels), in a pocket.

Unless I'm snorkeling, or purposely headed into rough seas with a long surface swim planned. Then I have a nice Tilos semi-dry snorkel I attach to my mask. (see outdated avatar picture)

Back
Top Bottom