Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the thread has been revived...

P3010648.JPG

P3010542.JPG

P2260200.JPG

P2260220.JPG

P2280409.JPG

P2240026.JPG

P2240035.JPG

P2240056.JPG

Last edited:
Sine the thread has been revived...

Sorry if that was a mistake, I'm new to the forum and I thought it was a shame for all of the great pictures on here to go to waste, is there somewhere else where I'd be better posting?

More great pictures, how do you get the colours to be so vibrant and not washed out? I really struggle and need to edit quite heavily and after anything more than a few feet of water it becomes pretty much impossible, even somewhere very clear.

No mistake at all! I happen to snorkel often and take lots of pictures. I kind of feel like I am hogging the thread if there are no other folks posting. Therefore don't post until there has been some activity. It's just been awhile since there have been any new contributions.

So please, please post as much as you like! The thread is filled with lots of great pictures and more are always welcome!.

As for vibrant colors in pictures, my secret is maximizing the natural light from the sun, an underwater setting on my camera and Google's Picasa editing software (just the "I'm Feeling Lucky" auto optimizing). If you look back a few pages there is a pretty in depth discussion on how to optimize images. I've summarized my techniques here: TESTUDO'S SNORKEL GUIDE Cayman Off the Beaten Path, SNORKELING PICTURE TAKING TIPS AND ADVICE ...

Though looks like you do a fine job editing. The snorkelers and that shrimp are awesome images.

No mistake at all! I happen to snorkel often and take lots of pictures. I kind of feel like I am hogging the thread if there are no other folks posting. Therefore don't post until there has been some activity. It's just been awhile since there have been any new contributions.

So please, please post as much as you like! The thread is filled with lots of great pictures and more are always welcome!.

As for vibrant colors in pictures, my secret is maximizing the natural light from the sun, an underwater setting on my camera and Google's Picasa editing software (just the "I'm Feeling Lucky" auto optimizing). If you look back a few pages there is a pretty in depth discussion on how to optimize images. I've summarized my techniques here: TESTUDO'S SNORKEL GUIDE Cayman Off the Beaten Path, SNORKELING PICTURE TAKING TIPS AND ADVICE ...

Though looks like you do a fine job editing. The snorkelers and that shrimp are awesome images.

Thanks! Really useful tips, I never tend to use the underwater setting on my camera through a mixture of laziness and poor results but your photos are making me reconsider. We'll see when it gets a bit warmer and I can get out for a swim.

Great shots, what kind of weight belt do you use and how much weight? This is my first year doing snorkelling photograhyy and yes my biggest challenge is getting and staying down there for some shots. Can hardly wait to try it again next winter.

Thanks Testudo, This is my first year doing snorkelling photography and most of my photos are just luck as I float up. I will be getting a weight belt for sure next year P1040128jpeg.jpg. Thanks fo for the inspiration photos.
P1040586.jpgP1040872.jpgP1040908.jpgP1060058.jpgP1060154.jpgP1060273.jpgP1060524.jpgP1060533.jpg

Attachments

• P1040328.jpg
    P1040328.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 178
Gipsygal, as an alternative you may wanna take a look at the Omersub rubber weight belt. Good stuff, very flexible, and the surface is slightly textured, so with the Aqua vinyl-coated weights(I use 5-7lbs, 3/2 wetsuit), you won't need retainers to prevent slippage, and the belt stays where you put it; really comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom