Snorkeling in Isla Mujeres?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey y'all greetings from Texas!
I have been lurking for a while and now I have a question.
I am going to Cancun in April, and want to Snorkel in Isla Mujeres.
My travel agency has plenty of Excursion Packages available, but I don't really want to do that because that is pretty much point-A to Point-B, and I may want to mess around in the city a little bit after.
What do you recomend?
I have my own equipment, and I don't really want to just explore right off the beach.
Do you know of anywhere in Isla Mujeres to get a guide and a boat to got out for a couple of hours or so, or maybe a shop or something over there that may be able to help me out.

Cheers,
P.S. links and numbers would be cool.

Thanks ya'll BTW, is there a spell check function on these posts?

try aquaadventures, that'll be diveislamujures.com, there's good snorkeling at manchones reef, the cross of the bay, garrafon (ecopark type) and el farito so enough to see and keep you happy. It's all boat snokeling apart from garrafon and expect to pay between $25-$35 for a couple hours, you'll always find the venders on the ferry dock and streets for other options. For beach snorkeling just off the Avalon on playa norte is a small reef formation, octopus and even a couple of swim thru's and also the back side of the island but ocean conditions have to be calm.
Enjoy!

try aquaadventures, that'll be diveislamujures.com, there's good snorkeling at manchones reef, the cross of the bay, garrafon (ecopark type) and el farito so enough to see and keep you happy. It's all boat snokeling apart from garrafon and expect to pay between $25-$35 for a couple hours, you'll always find the venders on the ferry dock and streets for other options. For beach snorkeling just off the Avalon on playa norte is a small reef formation, octopus and even a couple of swim thru's and also the back side of the island but ocean conditions have to be calm.
Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom