Snorkel w/ the Manatees, scuba Rainbow River 1/13/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dave - what are we going to hide this time? :eyebrow:

If I can remember I will bring some pink golf balls:eyebrow::D

I was going over to Alexander a few weeks ago and look for the golf ball but my wife got sick and I had to run her to the ER, then three days in hospital, then two weeks at home. She has finally gotten better. I was thinking of tomorrow, but now we have other things to do before heading to Tampa Monday for Christmas with daughters.

I already looked - its gone :( Dunno if someone found it and rehid it or it floated off..

Have to do a better job next time :)

* 427Dave (1 guest) (2)
* deepstops (1 guests) (4)
* FL_DVLover (1 guest) (6)
* H2Andy (7)
* jeandiver (8)
* johnny_bravo (1 guest) (10)
* Missdirected (2 guests) (13)
* netmage (14)
* Scott5644 (1 guest) (16)
* Skuba_girl (17)
* thardy (1 guest) (19)
* WyDive (2 guests) (22)
* Nitro Will (23)

Two Spots Still Open

Hey, All -

Don't want to catch anyone by surprise - my user name has changed from thardy to Regulator.

Why, you might ask? After some deep thought and looking at other user names, I decided that Regulator was representative of both the sport of scuba and myself personally.

"OK, Tim," you might be saying. "How?"

I'm glad you asked! Regulator is a term once used to refer to a member of the regular armed forces, vice a member of one of the many militias raised by the states. It was commonly used during "the war of northern aggression" and continued to be used in the wild and wooly west in reference to the U.S. Cavalry. To the best of my knowledge, the term fell out of favor in the early twentieth century. Regulator was also occasionally used to refer to a policeman, or one who "regulated" the conduct of people by enforcing laws.

"OK, Tim, we follow you so far. What's that got to do with you?"

Another great question! I am a retired regular military officer and also made a career in law enforcement. Given the foregoing definitions, "Regulator" just seemed to fit me to a tee!

I hope you all agree! Looking forward to the trip in January and to meeting each of you. In the meantime, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tim, aka Regulator

I would like to go on the full day trip with my wife.

I signed up with 1 guest for my wife, thats right, right?

Right as rain, the trip is full again :)

* 427Dave (1 guest) (2)
* deepstops (1 guests) (4)
* FL_DVLover (1 guest) (6)
* H2Andy (7)
* jeandiver (8)
* johnny_bravo (1 guest) (10)
* Missdirected (2 guests) (13)
* netmage (14)
* Scott5644 (1 guest) (16)
* Skuba_girl (17)
* regulator (1 guest) (19)
* WyDive (2 guests) (22)
* Nitro Will (23)
* Flaviss (1 guest) (25)

That's right. :)

Edit: Brian we must have been posting at the same time.

People, If you have cameras be sure to bring them! As usual I will take pics and be happy to share but if you would like your own, don't forget the camera. A disposable one is fine for this dive if that is all you have.

I just found out that I will be out of town the weekend of the manatee dive. As a result, there are now two spots available.
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom