Snorkel w/ the Manatees, scuba Rainbow River 1/13/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6:30 ooooof :martian:

Let's just throw some tents out front of Birds or better yet sleep on the boat :D

Hrm, will only have to wake up around 4am for the drive :)

Looks like it's getting close to "getting those 50's ready" :D
Still don't know what a snorkel is though?

Da Silt Slug

Chica (and everyone else!!!),

The manatee briefing begins at 615am sharp. Please do NOT be late.

Where exactly is it? I've never gone out with Birds? What time is the 2nd dive?

Thanks!

Brian, you guys staying at my place Friday as well?

Will I dunno what time the second dive is but it is not as though we are letting you leave the premises :)

Birds
320 NW Us Highway 19
Crystal River, FL 34428
(352) 563-2763​

Will I dunno what time the second dive is but it is not as though we are letting you leave the premises :)

Birds
320 NW Us Highway 19
Crystal River, FL 34428
(352) 563-2763​

Oh boy..what have I gotten myself into.:mooner:

How far is this from the main rainbow run entrance where you (use to) rent canoes? That is where I usually go out

Here's the location for Bird's Underwater:
Bird's Underwater
320 N.W. Highway 19
Crystal River, FL 34428
Here's maps from their webpage:
Bird's Underwater Manatee Tours - Location and Directions - Crystal River Florida Manatee Dives Diving With Manatees

Don't forget your snorkels for the morning trip (I will be using my special O2 clean snorkel :wink: ).

Also, if you need tanks for the afternoon diving, you must let me know by Thursday January 10th so I can let Bird's know how many tanks are needed. Tanks are $8/tank extra if you need them (normally $10/tank but I got them to drop the price for our group).

There's a Denny's 1.7 miles north on US 19 from Bird's. If anyone would like to, we can meet there for breakfast at 5am. I personally don't dive without breakfast first :)
Bird's will also have coffee and donuts available during the manatee briefing.

There's a Denny's 1.7 miles north on US 19 from Bird's. If anyone would like to, we can meet there for breakfast at 5am. I personally don't dive without breakfast first :)
Bird's will also have coffee and donuts available during the manatee briefing.

If I'm going to get up at the crack of dawn - might as well have breakfast too - Denny's sounds good to me..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom