Snorkel w/ the Manatees, scuba Rainbow River 1/13/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian, you guys staying at my place Friday as well?

Will I dunno what time the second dive is but it is not as though we are letting you leave the premises :)

Birds
320 NW Us Highway 19
Crystal River, FL 34428
(352) 563-2763​

Yes, as far as I know, Tim and I will drive up Friday afternoon so we can be ready for the Sheridan trip Saturday morning. Please PM your address to me.

Tim also wanted to know if there were strip bars near your house :rofl3:
I always enjoyed an evening at the Tanga when I attended USF in 1980-1983 :D

Yes, as far as I know, Tim and I will drive up Friday afternoon so we can be ready for the Sheridan trip Saturday morning. Please PM your address to me.

Tim also wanted to know if there were strip bars near your house :rofl3:
I always enjoyed an evening at the Tanga when I attended USF in 1980-1983 :D

Hey they ripped that historic landmark aka The Tanga Lounge down in order to widen the causway :11: I would have thought men would carry it to a new location but no - they allowed to be ripped out. :11doh:

Anyway, just wanted to double check we were on for Friday and Saturday. Tim's dad coming? Sending you my address now.

Hey they ripped that historic landmark aka The Tanga Lounge down in order to widen the causway :11: I would have thought men would carry it to a new location but no - they allowed to be ripped out. :11doh:

Anyway, just wanted to double check we were on for Friday and Saturday. Tim's dad coming? Sending you my address now.

OMG, please don't tell me the Mons Venus is gone too, I'd have to cancel the trip :11:

Yes, Tim's Dad is on the list as my guest. Tim is on a liveaboard at the moment but I'm sure he's (his Dad) still going.
Now that I think about it, Tim and I will prolly be in separate cars because he has an appointment on Friday morning in Tampa.

Here's the location for Bird's Underwater:
Bird's Underwater
320 N.W. Highway 19
Crystal River, FL 34428
Here's maps from their webpage:
Bird's Underwater Manatee Tours - Location and Directions - Crystal River Florida Manatee Dives Diving With Manatees

Don't forget your snorkels for the morning trip (I will be using my special O2 clean snorkel :wink: ).

Also, if you need tanks for the afternoon diving, you must let me know by Thursday January 10th so I can let Bird's know how many tanks are needed. Tanks are $8/tank extra if you need them (normally $10/tank but I got them to drop the price for our group).

There's a Denny's 1.7 miles north on US 19 from Bird's. If anyone would like to, we can meet there for breakfast at 5am. I personally don't dive without breakfast first :)
Bird's will also have coffee and donuts available during the manatee briefing.

Brian my grandson will need everything including a tank. I sent an email to birds to ask if they had wet suits and equipment. They do but I did not request anything. So if you are contacting them let them know. Thank you

I do NOT dive without breakfast either, will meet you at Denny's at 5:00 am. I will be old white haired guy with grandson:rofl3:

Brian my grandson will need everything including a tank. I sent an email to birds to ask if they had wet suits and equipment. They do but I did not request anything. So if you are contacting them let them know. Thank you

I do NOT dive without breakfast either, will meet you at Denny's at 5:00 am. I will be old white haired guy with grandson:rofl3:
Dave,

Please PM me a contact number and let's discuss sometime tomorrow.

Here is the address for Dennys for all whoa re going to meet us for breakfast!

2380 NW HWY 19
CRYSTAL RIVER, FL 34428 US

On Sunday, everyone needs to pay me directly. I just happened to check my CC balances this evening and Bird's ran through a $750 charge last Friday on the card I used to hold the spots. Also, I need to call them tomorrow to verify the exact amount that includes tax. While I won't turn down cash, I have a definite preference for checks. I'll update this post with the exact amount tomorrow.

Also, not knowing the geography all that well in the Crystal River area, I hadn't realized it was another 80+ miles up the road from the St. Pete area so I booked a room in Crystal River for Saturday evening. I searched on Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Hotels.com and got the best deal (by $32) on Hotels.com at the Comfort Inn on US 19 in Crystal River (just $66 plus taxes).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom