Snap swivel positioning on SPG/regulator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some people never dive salt.... I have rigs that have never seen salt water and never will, they still have high quality SS hardware on them, but if the rig doesn't go in salt regularly, brass is ok.

The whole point of DIR is to have an equipment base that works in different environments. You're over here in the DIR forum posting non DIR solutions over and over again. Some brass clips are fine, but generally the high quality stainless ones are the preferred choice.

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

I thought we had rules in this forum to prevent this silliness

... both of mine (SPG and Long hose) are tied right behind the swag... Tight.
My bands are at the crest of the tanks.. and my plate is standard.

See you guys in High Springs in 2 weeks
:)

Not to encourage the deviation idea, but I do believe my SPG hose is shorter than standard. I dive a short plate and it was recommended by a gue instructor that I get a shorter SPG hose. I'll measure it this weekend. I don't know why the tanks would be positioned anywhere other than the break, however.

On another note... There ARE a few cave systems out there that can beat the heck out of your gear, regardless of the quality of it (caves for which buying "nice" is no protection against failure!).

Just a couple of thoughts as I drink my coffee before heading to work on freezing cold Thursday!

Not to encourage the deviation idea, but I do believe my SPG hose is shorter than standard. I dive a short plate and it was recommended by a gue instructor that I get a shorter SPG hose. I'll measure it this weekend. I don't know why the tanks would be positioned anywhere other than the break, however.

On another note... There ARE a few cave systems out there that can beat the heck out of your gear, regardless of the quality of it (caves for which buying "nice" is no protection against failure!).

Just a couple of thoughts as I drink my coffee before heading to work on freezing cold Thursday!

a short plate will change the distance between the first stage and your waist strap so i can see needing a shorter hose to take out some of that slack

holla if you want to dive!
Looks like we have a motley crew coming down from NC.. And Maybe Texas as well... My focus is going to be on C1 dives with a lot of line work which i need to do before signing up for C2. work stepped in the way of my normal trips to nFL, but now is leveling out.

Be glad too - should be at the Caddy, lemme know..

Is there any other kind coming from NC? <ducking>

[emoji6]

Looks like we have a motley crew coming down from NC..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom