smurf gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bob, is that light big enough? Man, that could be use as a truncheon if you had a mind to. :D

It's just a basic 18W Salvo ... had it since about 2004, and it's still the most reliable piece of gear I've ever owned ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I tried some smurf gloves on at extreme exposure yesterday. how do you guys do ANYTHING with those gloves on???

I tried to take a bolt snap off of the wall with these gloves on and almost sent the whole display crashing to the floor. glad I do my diving in florida!
The first thing I'd recommend is getting rid of the standard "fleece" gloves that come with them. They are quite cumbersome. Go to REI and and find some thin Mountain Hardware type gloves for your undergloves. You'd be amazed at the difference in dexterity.

that makes sense. I bet if they were squeezed on my fingers some it would be a tad easier to use them

There's always a fair bit of squeeze on them. Most people leave their wrist seals intact and put a peice of bungie or the cuff of the liner glove underneath to keep ballon hands at bay.

these had little velcro straps that looked like they were meant to keep gas from filling up the gloves

That might work....but keeping the latex seal intact is a big deal for many of us. If we're diving with dry gloves, that probably means that it's cold enough that you really don't want to flood your suit. With no inner seal, a torn glove is a huge issue....with an inner seal, a torn glove is an annoyance, but not that big a deal.

Most people I know use a little tube of some sort (I have a small piece of bungee) to break the latex seal. If my glove ever floods, I'd just pull the bungee if it was bad enough to start getting my arm wet.

I love my dry gloves (Atlas + Viking Rings). I don't know a way to be comfortable in 38 degree and colder water without them...

You get used to how they feel. They're way better than 7mm gloves, and a HUGE improvement over 7mm mitts.

-B

The first thing I'd recommend is getting rid of the standard "fleece" gloves that come with them. They are quite cumbersome. Go to REI and and find some thin Mountain Hardware type gloves for your undergloves. You'd be amazed at the difference in dexterity.

Dive one of each liner &- it's pretty easy to figure out which works best. Humm, now gotta try Bob's wool army store liner vs. my Powerstretch Mountain Hardware inner glove. Wonder which is warmer...

Great idea ... :D

BobatAgateBeach.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

All the cool kids are doing it.

attachment.php

LOL! They looked pretty cool with my pink suit :eyebrow:!

Darn why didn't I take pictures :D!

that makes sense. I bet if they were squeezed on my fingers some it would be a tad easier to use them

If you would like some of the warm, Thinsulate liners that Rjack doesn't like :)p), I can pick them up and send them to you. They are a bit thicker, but they are freakin' warm. They are $9.99 plus tax/shipping. If you'd like more than one pair, that can also be arranged.

We use them all winter, and do alot of skills with them. Once we get to wet glove season, gas switches and bottle rotations are a piece of cake. :wink:

If you would like some of the warm, Thinsulate liners that Rjack doesn't like :)p), I can pick them up and send them to you. They are a bit thicker, but they are freakin' warm. They are $9.99 plus tax/shipping. If you'd like more than one pair, that can also be arranged.

We use them all winter, and do alot of skills with them. Once we get to wet glove season, gas switches and bottle rotations are a piece of cake. :wink:

I would like zero of those things :)

this is about all the glove I can stand:

38086_489585649936_787049936_6602281_2007926_n.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom