smurf gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you guys are nuts
:)

Ha!

I wear the blue gloves with an insulating liner glover inside. Only takes a few minutes underwater to get used to the gloves. By the end of the dive you really don't appreciate any significant difference between gloved and bare hands... except for the warmth!

I've used drygloves for over 2 years on and off... and favor the orange ones over the blue. They are less durable but the dexterity and ease to install are worth the tradeoff.

Thant being said when I was preparing for a class I didn't have time to move the rings to my other suit and went with wet gloves and was surprised that my hands didn't get as cold as i thought they would. The big difference IMHO was a new 400 gram undergarment. I think that cold hands are a symptom of a cold core. In the PNW and other colder regions drygloves are essential... but sometimes it's just a nice thing to have to keep comfortable during long soaks.

just my .02$

Besides that, at 200 feet wet gloves tend to get kinda thin ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I usually dive orange for dexterity, but last week wore one blue and one orange Atlas glove for comparison :shocked2:.

Great idea ... :D

BobatAgateBeach.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great idea ... :D

BobatAgateBeach.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Since this thread headed that way anyhow, Bob - I'm diving the hell out of the Fusion I bought from you a year ago. Just added the permanent wrist cuffs and have been using the glove locks for a year or so. Also did the Nek Tite recently. Anyhooo.... loving the suit :) Thanks again!

Justin

I feel one of the benefits of the blue glove is the ability for it to be seen under Monterey less than minimal viz...

The orange glove is harder to distinquish in hand signals than the blue... But what I do like is that you can find team members faster by what they wear...

I wear the blue because the orange gloves have been abused by me and tore easier than the blue... Just my opinion...

All the cool kids are doing it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 204
I find dry gloves to be a huge PITA on the surface....but underwater, with a tiny bit of squeeze, I really don't notice any difference in dexterity between my wet gloves and dry gloves. I guess that isn't completely true as I find the dry gloves to give better dexterity due simply to the fact that my fingers don't go numb....

Dry gloves are the last thing I put on and one of the first things I take off (after ripping my hood off!)....can't seem to do anything with them on when I'm on the surface, but I love them underwater :D

that makes sense. I bet if they were squeezed on my fingers some it would be a tad easier to use them

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom