Smugglers @ CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember one time at Lake Travis. It was hot hot hot in the Summer and I went to cool off Swimmin' Neckid on a Friday night at Windy Point and the fish.....
Well , You can guess the rest.:11: Snap !! Ouch !! Cr*^#@ Little Bas*%#_!!

Yea... it hurts.... so what. Shoot....
Ain't nuthin' compared to what the Deep Cold Water Sirens will do to ya :crafty:

'You folks a whinin' 'bout you're ears :shakehead
Cowboy up or ... Wow, here is a thought...
"" Get smarter then the fish "" ~ "Wear a bit of protection"

They call it a hood ~ You know... Basic dive gear remember ?
At least it was before Flip Fins, the in mask Digital Compass, Propane space heaters at the dive site, Electric powered cave reels, underwater call waiting and 2 way communication transponders and..... This take the cake now, matching ( and yet still quite limp ) 3 tone Magenta colored dive wear for men became all the rage.

I think the fish and the terrorists are quite safe at CSSP.

~ OR here is another plan that works too ....

(and this is the official earth friendly Flora and Fauna plan now...)
Bring the fish something to eat !!! You know... save the Planet and stuff :10:

Bring Loaves to the Fishes :D

I don't know, this thread started off ok and then I thought y'all were just goofing around but you seem very intent on making sure everyone is aware of your antics. Plenty of people are reading this thread. It might be time for some you to speak up instead of hiding in the shadows. It's not cool to feed the fish, it's not funny that people are getting bit on the ears and lips. If diving is just not enough anymore then please move on to a new hobby. Don't **** up the environment because you are bored. If you are sitting around reading this thread shaking your head and saying they should not be feeding the fish and you are not saying anything about then you are just as much apart of the problem as they are.

Debraw:
I don't know, this thread started off ok and then I thought y'all were just goofing around but you seem very intent on making sure everyone is aware of your antics. Plenty of people are reading this thread. It might be time for some you to speak up instead of hiding in the shadows. It's not cool to feed the fish, it's not funny that people are getting bit on the ears and lips. If diving is just not enough anymore then please move on to a new hobby. Don't **** up the environment because you are bored. If you are sitting around reading this thread shaking your head and saying they should not be feeding the fish and you are not saying anything about then you are just as much apart of the problem as they are.

I don't know whom "y'all" is refering....but I have never feed the fish at CSSP. Please read my post #60. :wink:

ScubaTexan:
It doesn't have to be. :shakehead

Please explain....so fish are not a natural part of a lake ...this is news to me. :confused:

If they eat what they're supposed to eat, they leave the divers alone. Simple as.

Well if you think it's "no big deal" to get bit by the fish then you must be for it. If you perpetuate the thinking that's this is ok behavior and you condone it then you might as well go ahead and feed them. This is not normal behavior for fish and it is not just a part of lake diving. I have been going to CSSP, over 5 years. If that is normal behavior why didn' they do it when we first got in the water there?

SO I beg to answer the question to all viewers of this thread, is it ok to feed the fish or is it not?

Yes= Ok to feed the fish
No=It's not ok to feed the fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom