Smugglers @ CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everybody, WHATS UP??? Hope you all are well.

To feed or not to feed, huh. Who owns the lake, what are their rules, have they been broken by someone since inseption, will it probably continue ???????

2 remedies , (1)- Trap the fishes and remove,then restock, now CSSP can implement "with a guide only diving" to keep all rules enforced. Diving prices will have to go way up.

(2) occassionly trap fish on a regular basis and replenish.

Just some ideas. SKEET

Debraw:
Well if you think it's "no big deal" to get bit by the fish then you must be for it. If you perpetuate the thinking that's this is ok behavior and you condone it then you might as well go ahead and feed them. This is not normal behavior for fish and it is not just a part of lake diving. I have been going to CSSP, over 5 years. If that is normal behavior why didn' they do it when we first got in the water there?

SO I beg to answer the question to all viewers of this thread, is it ok to feed the fish or is it not?

Yes= Ok to feed the fish
No=It's not ok to feed the fish

Your inferring that I feed the fish at CSSP??? I don't... and have been going there for 3 years myself and never have....I don't condone it. Someone does feed the fish I am sure,,,but knowone that I dive with out there does, and that includes both you and Ken. As I stated earlier,,,,the shop and instructors I know do a good job at informing there new divers of the CSSP rules and precautions they can take to help cover their ears. Fish are a part of lake diving.

PS-- on the New Pole I want you to know I voted 'NO'. You should have set it up so voters preference is shown. Now please set up a pole to see if folks think those little scaled swimmers are perch or sunfish. :wink:

skeet:
Hey everybody, WHATS UP??? Hope you all are well.

To feed or not to feed, huh. Who owns the lake, what are their rules, have they been broken by someone since inseption, will it probably continue ???????

2 remedies , (1)- Trap the fishes and remove,then restock, now CSSP can implement "with a guide only diving" to keep all rules enforced. Diving prices will have to go way up.

(2) occassionly trap fish on a regular basis and replenish.

Just some ideas. SKEET

Hey SKEET were you been hiding of late??? That PST st130 has seen alot of use! :D

texdiveguy:
Personally I think folks make to big a deal out of those little sunfish at CSSP. I have had blood drawn on the ear out there...no big deal. As to new divers and students,,,the instructors that I know warn the students and sugg. a hood/beanie or mask strap over the ears. Its just part of diving in a lake with fish!

Umm ....that was your quote. Yes fish are a part of lake diving, but fish that bite you on the ears and lips are not part of lake diving. Then you say that no one you dive with feeds the fish out there. Does Timeliner ( Frank) feed the fish or not? It's time to stop kidding about it because people do think Frank is serious.

I have just had enough of the joking about it, people will think it's ok.

Very glad that tank has been useful for ya.

Me, same-old-same, puttin out fires and putting people on helos. Havn't dove a lick in what 2 years now. Kinda miss it.

Thank God we havn't even had to do a body recovery in that time either.

skeet:
Who owns the lake, what are their rules, have they been broken by someone since inseption, will it probably continue ???????
SNIP>

Debbie and Robert Cameron own the lake. The rules are no feeding the fish. Yes they have been broken by someone since their inception, yes it probably will continue.

I am hoping that with a little more education on the subject that people will realize it is not right to feed the fish.

Debraw:
Then you say that no one you dive with feeds the fish out there. Does Timeliner ( Frank) feed the fish or not? It's time to stop kidding about it because people do think Frank is serious.

I have just had enough of the joking about it, people will think it's ok.

Debra....I can not speak for Frank,,but I have never seen him feed anything to the fish out at CSSP,,,,but you might ask him direct. Knowone should feed the fish at CSSP....divers should use a beanie/hood if they are worried about a nibble...it smarts...I have been there! I am not so sure how many folks are taking Franks tale as serious, I would hope not anyone who knows him....or even does not know him....in reading all this, it is in fun only--gee.

I'm with ya Deb as far as CSSP is concerned. After all that is the rule, at CSSP.

I never did it at CSSP, have done it at other public lakes and I dont see anything wrong with it. It is a nice experiance, its cool.

Oh my. I can already hear the excited low rumble among the conspiracy theorists, especially if there's a ... drum roll ... WEB SITE.

You and the Paris tunnels are a legend now. Stories like these get grander with time and never die. What have you done :)

Timeliner:
Foo I'm looking forward to it !!
That is if they don't arrest me before then. ( Really !! :11: )
The Police contacted me about the tunnels again !
The City Engineer said it was a Hoax but I guess folks didn't believe him.
" People are saying there is a website about and stuff so how can it be a Hoax ?? "
Man ... that would tick a guy off huh ?
So they asked for a statement from me to confirm the truth.

That must make me the De-Facto Engineer Dude hear in Paris
What have I done ??? Oh Man... N.E. Texas is in serious trouble :shakehead

My statement was , Quote:
" This is a great Country isn't it " :rofl3:

Timeliner:
That is if they don't arrest me before then. ( Really !! :11: )
The Police contacted me about the tunnels again !
[/B] :rofl3:

Well, if you're going to get blamed for it, I think you might as well do it! Come on, what have you got to lose? Besides 5-10 years? :wink:

BTW, Frank is not a Fish Feeder. Not at CSSP, anyway. I've done many dives with him there, and he has not pulled out even one little weiner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom