Smoking on a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is how you smoke on a (non-smoking) dive boat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364683646.320389.jpg

"There is no safe level of exposure to SHS. Any exposure is harmful". That is a direct quote from the American Cancer Society.

Pretty much means that no smoking should be allowed on dive boats if it exposes other people to the second hand smoke. Cheers

Yeah.. cause interest organisations are never biased..

Im not saying smoke in any form is good for you, but research has shown even carrots being linked to cancer..

They are biased to keep people alive. I haven't found any research based information that disputes their claim. The CDC also agrees with them.
If you find evidence that second hand smoke is harmless, by all means , let the world know. There is no conspiracy here.

I never said its good for you, but EVERYTHING is dependent on volumes. If you drink too much water, thats bad for you too and cancer is NOT only enviromental damage..

Drive a car? I don't. You're foul.... you pollute the air I breath.

Ride in a boat to your dive site? You're foul.... you pollute the air I breath and the water I dive.

Some things aren't optional - smoking is.

Ride in a boat to your dive site? You're foul.... you pollute the air I breath and the water I dive.

Some things aren't optional - smoking is.
Actually our entire sport is optional, and at times fairly pollutant and destructive, so you really dont wanna go talk about optional..

Actually our entire sport is optional, and at times fairly pollutant and destructive, so you really dont wanna go talk about optional..

Apples and oranges. The point is that smokers have a lot of opportunities to not be intrusive with their exhaust. We don't pee on the deck because it bothers people. Smokers shouldn't smoke upwind of us because it bothers us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom