Smoker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not hesitate to call the cops. Whatever my personal beliefs it is illegal and somebody is paying a price for it. I once told a cousin of mine who was a big stoner if he ever brought that crap in my house, car, yard he would leave in handcuffs. He still smokes, I have nothing to do with him. Diving on weed? He's not only a stoner but an ******* as well. Lighting up in an airport lot? I would not dive with somebody that reckless and stupid. Maybe if you're lucky he'll be taken care of by Darwin.

Have you ever had a glass of wine or two with dinner and drove? Maybe a 3 martini lunch? Call the cops on a friend because of pot? There are more people drinking and driving and think it's o.k. Would you call the cops because your friend or collegue was drinking and driving? How about your mom or dad? Get real.

Someone stated that the driver owner of their car got in trouble for their buddy for smoking from a LEO. If anyone in the car has possesion and then ditches it in the car so its not directly on a person it is very easy to place blame on all occupants if that one person has it on his person the LEO could still link it to all people and in some states they dont even have to, all people within the immediate vicinity are liable. Just FYI.

Absolutely, I even had one group chase me down the driveway of a farm house, so it was a long driveway, just because they forgot my tip....which they hadn't :wink:

Oh, they'd forgotten it.

those who are not smokers or have drunk the government kool aid have blown this up all out of proportion... as a Daily smoker for over 10 yrs. I can tell you that "being high" is very similiar to "not being high" , only better... this whole depiction of stumbling, mumbling, "slow reaction time"? (really? care to try and back that up with a link?) is jus' ignorant crap.

I havent dove a single dive as yet... and I forsee myself forgoing smoking before dives...., but later, if I become comfortable with it, I probably will ... to make it seem as if doing so is some kind of suicide pact tho' is ignorant and alarmist...

I wouldn't recommend it - you mention wanting data earlier and I'd point out that there isn't sufficient data on the effects of pot under high pressure. The metabolism functions differently under higher pressure - for example, normally inert nitrogen becomes narcotic and oxygen can become toxic. How the effects of pot change under pressure we simply don't know and self experimentation is probably not wise.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a joint now and then but it's not to be mixed with diving!

Somehow I bet a person diving while high would exhibit wooziness; giddiness; euphoria; disorientation; loss of balance; loss of manual dexterity; slowing of reaction time; fixation of ideas; and impairment of complex reasoning.

In other words, for those of you who don't recognize the symptoms, it would be like diving with a buddy who was suffering from a good, old-fashioned case of nitrogen narcosis. Not a good way to start a dive. :wink:

My 1st thought was I bet he gets narced @ 10 ft..........

It comes down to some people can handle there greens and some cant. I have no problem with people who can handle it doing it around me, its the lightweight newbes that shouldnt be doing it. I nearly always fire up before a dive and have done so with an old buddy many times. I think its a lot less dangerous than people think as when you have a tolerance to the stuff its calming. Hell i never get lost or screw up my entry/exits or get lost while im on it and nearly always come back with a cray or two. Tho in all honestly unless you are smoking the stuff every day id be careful with it.

Get stoned before a dive? I'd never make it off the boat! By the time I'd checked my air was on for the 10th time, spent 15 mins looking for my fins that were on my feet, tried to work out what all the buttons do on my camera, everyone else would be out and back on the boat again.

I've often thought what a nice experience it might be though, all that colourful marine life, but the reasons above are why I don't touch the stuff any more. I don't have a problem with those that do, but I was a semi-regular smoker for years and it definitely affects you, short and long term, to varying degrees. People are different.

I wouldn't want to dive with someone who was functioning at less than full capacity. But I'd rather dive with someone stoned and capable of functioning normally, than with some of the other incompetent idiots I've seen.

Have you ever had a glass of wine or two with dinner and drove? Maybe a 3 martini lunch? Call the cops on a friend because of pot? There are more people drinking and driving and think it's o.k. Would you call the cops because your friend or collegue was drinking and driving? How about your mom or dad? Get real.

In a heartbeat. My mom was murdered by someone who drank and drove. three martini lunches are the mark of a lush who has to have some liquid fortitude because he's socially inept otherwise. I do not drink and wil not ride with someone who has a glass or two of wine with dinner. Would I call the cops if a friend was driving drunk? Yes and I have. anonymously reported a co worker who I observed getting off work, going into his trunk and getting a sixpack for the ride home. Cops caught him a mile down the road and he was already on the second one. I have no tolerance for those who use ILLEGAL substances or drive the least bit impaired. Anyone who uses pot would no longer be a friend of mine. I saw what it did to my first wife's family. Dad smoked every day. went to work, brought home a paycheck, and had nothing to do with the family because his shiite was more important. Bottom line if you want to do it fine. Do not do it around me or I WILL TURN YOU IN. Nothing hypocritical about that. I have my principles regarding certain issues and will not compromise them for anyone or anything. If it's illegal and I see you doing it. The cops are going to be called. All this liberal do what feels good that started in the 70's and I regret I was a part of is why society is going to hell in a handbasket. It took my mom's death to wake me up. I'm now keeping my eyes open.

All this liberal do what feels good that started in the 70's and I regret I was a part of is why society is going to hell in a handbasket..

Actually it started Way before the 70's but they called it Freedom back then, you know, Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness? yeah its actually kind of a hallmark of this country, surprised you werent aware.... and also, your lucky none of your "friends" called the cops on You and put you in jail for what you were "regrettfully a part of" back then... but hey, at least your not being a hypocrit right?

(Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) › Cops Say)

Just Say Know!

:)

Back
Top Bottom