Smoker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a FORMER pot smoker I can tell you that it does not do any long term harm,but I would never ever use it on a dive.It will get you in major trouble when you have to make a life saving disicion.On the otherhand I also would not trust a diver eating ...

vegemite...FDA does limit the types and amount of products that can contain folic acid. Why? Because while small amounts of folate are important (particularly for fetuses and pregnant women) nobody knows what side effects it could produce if you were to start eating it in larger doses. :D

Man, some of you are really harshing my mellow here.

Alerting the local constabulary is just ridiculous.

And as for the "marijuana one day, black tar herion the next" theory, in the words of the great Dennis Leary: "They say marijuana leads to other drugs. No it doesn't, it leads to ******* carpentry."

Kinda gives a new meaning to flash the PADI Hooka Diver card.:14:

I would not hesitate to call the cops. Whatever my personal beliefs it is illegal and somebody is paying a price for it. I once told a cousin of mine who was a big stoner if he ever brought that crap in my house, car, yard he would leave in handcuffs. He still smokes, I have nothing to do with him. Diving on weed? He's not only a stoner but an ******* as well. Lighting up in an airport lot? I would not dive with somebody that reckless and stupid. Maybe if you're lucky he'll be taken care of by Darwin.

If the demand is there it's only a matter of time till there is a PADI High Diver course. It would be like the enriched air class, no diving required.
And the next level would be the "High, High Altitude Diver" card.

I would not hesitate to call the cops. Whatever my personal beliefs it is illegal and somebody is paying a price for it. I once told a cousin of mine who was a big stoner if he ever brought that crap in my house, car, yard he would leave in handcuffs. He still smokes, I have nothing to do with him. Diving on weed? He's not only a stoner but an ******* as well. Lighting up in an airport lot? I would not dive with somebody that reckless and stupid. Maybe if you're lucky he'll be taken care of by Darwin.

So, not only are you a raging hypocrite (unless you've never done anything illegal yourself, I'm sure you never speed, always come to a complete stop, etc) but you also just not a very nice person at all. Cutting off members of your family for smoking pot is questionable, but I don't care what the guy did, wishing death upon someone isn't exactly cool.

There is not much available on the effects of drugs under hyperbaric conditions in general...:

Would anyone actually need "data" to confirm that diving while high probably isn't a great idea? (Only slightly dumber than diving WITH someone who was high.)

Wouldn't anyone actually need "data" to confirm that diving while high probably isn't a great idea? (Only slightly dumber than diving WITH someone who was high.)

The results of the testing was inscribed on Taco Bell wrapers for some reason???? :D:D And there for not taken seriously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom