Smilies: Input Wanted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like some of these:

bday3.gif

oh i love that birthday smilie!

must stays in my vote:

:happywave
:multi:
:D
:lotsalove:
:rofl3:
:bday:
:drunks:

vote to add this one:
fins2.gif

cant remember who i stole it from but i like it

fins2.gif

Isn't this a :sblogo: standard.:confused:

I should be,It's one of the MAJOR topics. :rofl3:

oh i love that birthday smilie!

must stays in my vote:

:happywave
:multi:
:D
:lotsalove:
:rofl3:
:bday:
:drunks:

vote to add this one:
fins2.gif

cant remember who i stole it from but i like it

You'll be happy to know none of those are on the "delete" list.

You could help me get the guillotine back :kopfab: El took it away :sadangel:
Tsk, tsk, tsk...

:guillotine: >> :guillotine:

Alle remaining smilies will begin and end with a : and have sensible names... :kopfab: is very sensible (if you're German).

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

:guillotine: >> :guillotine:

Alle remaining smilies will begin and end with a : and have sensible names... :kopfab: is very sensible (if you're German).

Hear, hear. :yelclap:

Wha?!? One of my favorites, :tongue2: :tongue2:, that perfectly complements my natural smiley, :biggrin: :biggrin:, is in the wastebasket?!? Say it ain't so!

Okay, so perhaps they're not as popular as others, but they're happy smileys. They also are some of the few that mirror "Japanese-style" emoticons. (If you look, for example, at anime people online, you'll see a lot more horizontal smileys like "^_^" instead of vertical smileys like ":)". It seems likely that this is because in Japan, the *eyes* are the important part of a smile, not the mouth.)

Anyway, is there any way to appeal the deprecation of :tongue2: (:tongue2:), which is a wonderful smiley? (It's such a happy "taunting your buddy" smiley, like melodramatically eating the "last" cookie before pulling the other pack out of your dive bag.)

(I actually went through the *entire* smiley list looking for smileys with good smiling eyes, and these were basically the only two I had.)

Wha?!? One of my favorites, :tongue2: :tongue2:, that perfectly complements my natural smiley, :biggrin: :biggrin:, is in the wastebasket?!? Say it ain't so!

Okay, so perhaps they're not as popular as others, but they're happy smileys. They also are some of the few that mirror "Japanese-style" emoticons. (If you look, for example, at anime people online, you'll see a lot more horizontal smileys like "^_^" instead of vertical smileys like ":)". It seems likely that this is because in Japan, the *eyes* are the important part of a smile, not the mouth.)

Anyway, is there any way to appeal the deprecation of :tongue2: (:tongue2:), which is a wonderful smiley? (It's such a happy "taunting your buddy" smiley, like melodramatically eating the "last" cookie before pulling the other pack out of your dive bag.)

(I actually went through the *entire* smiley list looking for smileys with good smiling eyes, and these were basically the only two I had.)

:headscrat :idea: Get El to toss the flags, as was suggested, and keep your smileys. :59: Alternately, take stock in kleenex :ne_nau:

Back
Top Bottom