SMB Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Carter 35 personal float just arrived. It is probably the highest quality and most heavy duty SMB I have ever seen. Tested it and love the bottom inflate (don't have to unhook my BC hose). Love the Velcro strap that allows me to put it on my BP/W waistbelt. Even nicer than my Halcyon which I had really liked.

Thanks everyone for the link to that site!!

You could. It has a loop strap on the bottom which you could connect a hook to. It certainly seems sturdy enough. It's not very big, though at 35 lbs of lift. The Carter site has a lot of dedicated lift bags that might be better. Their SMBs seem almost a sideline by comparison, but they are super well done. There are also bigger SMBs. I got the smallest one for compact size that will fit in my wetsuit pocket (it is still 6' and 4" diameter when inflated) but they go up to 75 lbs lift (9' and 5" diameter).

Guy Harrison, do you think you could use the Carter 35 as a lift bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter is a lift bag company so they made their SMBs to do double duty as a lift bag. Carter is not just a lift bag company they are "THE" lift bag company! I have never worked with anything better.

a "real" lift bag should have a valve at the top end. An "smb" has it at the bottom. So even if a smb can be used as a lift bad, it will be much more difficult to "fine tune " the lift . Now if it is in order to bring an ancre to the surface, no problem :)

Just a couple of thoughts, I just replaced my old DAN smb with new, lasted about 3 years, new one came pink and bleeds color everywhere. Then replaced the new DAN with a Halcyon. Life time warranty, Inflator tip is metal, (have broken the plastic tip,) worth the extra funds. If you dive in anything other than flat seas, 6ft is minimum, 3-5+ seas are not uncommon in south FL in the winter months and making it easier on the captn to find me while i'm hanging on deco keeps him happy. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the dive flag from Carter. Will be trying it out soon and will try to post photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom