Smarttrak fail to open after Win10 upgrade to ver. 1607

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing is wrong with the IR, Smarttrak does not work well with Recent Windows editions. The need the update Datatrak or provide a way to easily export to other software

Is Scubapro simply going to ignore its customers that have Smattak dive logs?

FWIW, if you've read my post, I did write Customer Service, they did try to help with some suggestions, which I thought at the level I was working on were pretty basic. I completely understand if you don't want to go through the grief I did to reload an entire system to get it to work......again.
Just a few minutes ago I downloaded and installed [DiveLog 6.0] on that same PC (Win10x64, ver.1709) that was would not work with Smarttrak. I then imported the Smarttrak Log file directly. No issue with the import and at first review everything seemed to come out OK. You might be happier just moving on. If Smarttrak gives me anymore grief I probably will. Maybe my wife with her Suunto also. That program is maybe an even worse pain.

Note-I did not do a direct download with the IR and the DC but I have no reason to suspect it would be a problem.

FWIW, if you've read my post, I did write Customer Service, they did try to help with some suggestions, which I thought at the level I was working on were pretty basic. I completely understand if you don't want to go through the grief I did to reload an entire system to get it to work......again.
Just a few minutes ago I downloaded and installed [DiveLog 6.0] on that same PC (Win10x64, ver.1709) that was would not work with Smarttrak. I then imported the Smarttrak Log file directly. No issue with the import and at first review everything seemed to come out OK. You might be happier just moving on. If Smarttrak gives me anymore grief I probably will. Maybe my wife with her Suunto also. That program is maybe an even worse pain.

Note-I did not do a direct download with the IR and the DC but I have no reason to suspect it would be a problem.
Moving on is certainly the best option. I had similar issues on the Mac side of the Uwatec software.

I'm a Mac user and I ended up with this solution:
1: Use BootCamp to install Windows 10
(did not work with 1607 build of Windows 10)
2: Updated Windows 10 to latest version
3: Set SmartTrak to run as Administrator and compatibility mode set to Windows 95 and

There is a slight lag in the program starting up, but everything functions great now. I'm using a Mac Air running High Sierra 10.13.2

I have not tested SmartTrak on a clean PC install running it in compatibility mode but this may fix others having issues with Windows 10.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom