Small Steel Doubles vs. Single Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "smoothness" of Coffee Mate comes from the additive sodium-silico-aluminate. The stuff is used in other apps as well. Some dessicants used in filtration systems contain aluminum; particularly, sodiumalumino silicate (zeolite).

I admired those Euro, 2900 psi tanks. So, too, did Pressed Steel Tank. In 1977, they started producing the 3000+ steel tank with 94.6 cf capacity. They are the same dimensions as a steel "72" except heavier. I still like them, still use them.

Back in the early '70ies there was an inverted, two tank system put together by AGA. I think it was called the Divator or something similar. I believe the working pressure was 5000psi but the bottles were rather small. Do any of you remember how much capacity that system held? If I am not mistaken, not many shops could fill them at the time so they did not sell very well.

c

Back in the early '70ies there was an inverted, two tank system put together by AGA. I think it was called the Divator or something similar. I believe the working pressure was 5000psi but the bottles were rather small. Do any of you remember how much capacity that system held? If I am not mistaken, not many shops could fill them at the time so they did not sell very well.

c

check out the following auction numbers on ebay:

Thanks MW,

Yes, that's the one....the yellow set in the book is the one I remember best.

c

I kind of wish I had $700 to scoop up that set. Those would be pretty interesting. Definetly wouldn't run into many other divers sporting them.

Jimmer (or anyone),

How many cu ft did the Divator hold?

c

Jimmer (or anyone),

How many cu ft did the Divator hold?

c

I think they where 5 liter tanks. With a working pressure of 300 bars (4350 psi) that would make them 1500 liters or 53 cu ft.

Basically twin 50's.

Poseidon also had a set of twins with the same capacity, but they had the valve on the top. The same as mine.

I remember that set clearly. I already had my Poseidon and would have really liked to have a set of the Divator if I could have afforded them and the compressor to fill them. No one had that high pressure capacity back then on this side of the pond.

repeated

Thanks Luis,

The shop that sold them in Tampa, had a booster. But, perhaps I should have said, the shop that had them for sale....I don't know if any were actually sold.

With the exception of the set in the dive shop, I never saw anyone with them.

c

Edit: so a rough estimate would be about 35 cu ft per tank with 3000 psi fill.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom