Small regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a small 2nd stage to use with a 13cf pony. Currently I have a Scubapro R190 and would like something a bit smaller.

eandiver once bubbled...
Can anyone recomend a small 2nd stage to use with a 13cf pony. Currently I have a Scubapro R190 and would like something a bit smaller.

You could try from scubapro R380, s550, (s600 if ya want to spend some coin)!! R380 is small and descent breather.

Good luck

Len

Micra comes in two flavors -- adjustable and regular. I have the adjustable as my primary, and it has been a real good performer.

Oceanic and Aqualung also both make low-profile octos ("SlimLine" and "LPO," respectively). I used the SlimLine as an octo.

The Omega II comes in a very small package and is a very nice breathing reg. I actually have a nearly new extra one that I am about to list on ebay. Sorry for the shameless plug!

I have to second the notion for the Aqualung reg. The Micra is a nice breathing reg. If you want something just for a pony, though, it is a little bit on the pricey side of things. If you want something that will work, just not a great performer, go with AQ low profile octo and just put it on your existing first stage. The AQ LPO is a good performer, although breathes wet when upside down.

Lot's of good ideas and thanks everyone.

I have a first stage and hose just want a small second. All it needs to do is work but does need to be reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom