Sleaze in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should cancel your trip because they closed the Mcdonalds. Those Bastards!

Say it isn't so!!!!

One of my greatest joys is to come back from diving for the day and grab a Senior McRib and ride the escalator for a few hours!

It depends on the recipe...

Pardon_My_Planet.20120111_small.jpg

BTW, until you've had a jalapeno y cucumber margarita at Wet Wendy's, you really haven't lived.

So last week, ND. Tamarindo and Cilantro. Now that's living on the edge, brother! :cool:

Say it isn't so!!!!

One of my greatest joys is to come back from diving for the day and grab a Senior McRib and ride the escalator for a few hours!

Don't get tooo excited! I heard they are only moving it!!! I didn't even know it had closed!

You can get crunchy tex-mex tacos at Lisa's new Tex-Mex place :) She posted them on the menu today :)

The McD's was a good landmark to find the cross street for Aldora and one hyperbaric chamber if I recall correctly.

The McD's was a good landmark to find the cross street for Aldora and one hyperbaric chamber if I recall correctly.

True, I always used it as a reference point, especially for people coming over on the ferry! Maybe the golden arches are still there - I guess I will have to look tomorrow!

Mike - I bow down to your superior powers of diversion. You're like a freakin' Jedi! "These are not the issues you are looking to discuss...." :wink:

When I read DD give you advice on the Orbitz coupon (bless his heart), I almost wet myself laughing.

There has been too much attention paid to recent problems with Scuba Mau and his former wife's operation in Cozumel. Many of you, fans of of them, and other shops have no idea of the daily sleaze that goes on every day here in Cozumel. The back stabbing, the client stealing, and the vicious rumors abound an they have for many years. It is not just Scuba Mau

Face it, the relationship most of you make is with the DM who takes you out. He, or she is glib, and bluntly most likely working on tips. They make take you out to dinner, you pay of course, and if they are really good they get a gringo to buy them a boat, or set up a web page so that they can become a Cozumel "dive shop". That is how Scuba Mau left Dive Paradise and started their thing, and indeed how Aldora Divers was formed from the discards of Scuba Du in 1992.

Every week there are now OPs formed this way, Dive CHoice Mexico, Dive Cooperative, etc, and they may or may not survive the reality of running a full service dive operation in Cozumel. Of course they predicted in 1992 that there was no way that Aldora Divers would make it by charging more.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

To put it bluntly, your post reeks of arrogance and self promotion. I've always used the "lesser known to ScubaBoard" dive shops myself, and they cater to my desires and then some. I've made a website for one such shop (well, not quite a shop, but a well known and well liked divemaster), and I feel compensated adequately when I'm on the island. I've no idea where your comment about buying boats and making websites was directed (to dumb gringos it seems), but your post seems to be about putting others down while making yourself look good.

I'm not going to name names here, but my preferred dive op has never lied to everyone on ScubaBoard about safety precautions. I've also never been left in the water for an hour waiting for the boat to pick me up. But that's ok because shop X has been around for Y number of years, right? Again, I'm not naming names, but those are real world examples (and I'm sure there are zillions more that any given person on here could contribute about any random dive shop in Coz).

Congratulations on your success, I guess.

I've no idea where your comment about buying boats and making websites was directed (to dumb gringos it seems), but your post seems to be about putting others down while making yourself look good.
Oh, his customers here do that for him well enough, and it's okay if you name your favorite - most do, but he included himself in the reference...
...and indeed how Aldora Divers was formed from the discards of Scuba Du in 1992.
We all have our own ways of talking, and sometimes Dave gets misunderstood. It certainly happens to me.

What an OUTRAGE!!! :flame: You clearly have never had the refried bean appetizer with tortillas to dip at El Moro!! :soapbox:

I have never heard a complaint. (But we do always drive with the windows down..... :rofl:)

But I cautioned against having it as a meal. Appetizer is another matter.....
03.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom