Slaughtered Hammerhead left on Jupiter, FL Dock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"cut off a slow driver" is not even close to being "bias-motivated violence" and is a terrible example.

From what I've seen, Randy is a strong supporter of a federal ban on shark harvesting which has many commercial shark fisherman up in arms. I don't think jet is reaching much at all.

Like this one better?? I'm strongly biased against the hordes of 'IPhone Zombies', aimlessly wandering the sidewalks of Manhattan, so I occasionally bump into one of them simply by not changing my path to get out of their way ... You could probably call that a 'physical assault' and consequently, given my reason for doing it, a 'Hate Crime', right??

But anyway, this particular aspect of the incident in discussion is really more suited for the Pub ... One big, beautiful fish, when it was alive ... As far as I'm concerned, Mark the Shark did it!! (I think:wink:)

This is what Randy said we can do to try and change things. "NOAA makes the rules for federal waters. These sharks are protected in State waters. Email guy.dubeck@noaa.gov He told me they don't look at Hammers separately. They are all just Highly migratory species."

here is a picture of the fisherman with the shark, I think they said is was 800 lbs.

hammerhead.jpg

So it is legal to land hammerheads in the state of Florida? How do you know this is the particular shark?

I realize that most of the members here are not boaters just divers and on top of that do not fish at all. If this is the same Capt. who harasses the commercial guys who are trying to put food on their table and a roof over their head, then he probably deserves more than a shark at the foot of his dock, and more likely a refresher course on proper seamanship and boat operation. For the record I am against the harvest of sharks and blue fin and the many other at risk animals that are harvested.

I realize that most of the membershere are not boaters just divers and on top of that do not fish at all. If thisis the same Capt. who harasses the commercial guys who are trying to put foodon their table and a roof over their head, then he probably deserves more thana shark at the foot of his dock, and more likely a refresher course on properseamanship and boat operation. For the record I am against the harvest ofsharks and blue fin and the many other at risk animals that are harvested.

I believe this is the same captain. Both parties appear to have committed reprehensible actions, however this is being spun as a victim marketing ploy and people should be wary. How could you not wonder why someone would be so angry at another person to leave an animals head on their property.

I realize that most of the members here are not boaters just divers and on top of that do not fish at all. If this is the same Capt. who harasses the commercial guys who are trying to put food on their table and a roof over their head, then he probably deserves more than a shark at the foot of his dock, and more likely a refresher course on proper seamanship and boat operation. For the record I am against the harvest of sharks and blue fin and the many other at risk animals that are harvested.

How so? And please don't take this the wrong way, just asking ...

How so? And please don't take this the wrong way, just asking ...

Something tells me there is MUCH more to this story...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom