Slaughtered Hammerhead left on Jupiter, FL Dock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whether the shark was killed legally is something the FWC will have to sort out. The fact that its decapitated head was left on the doorstep of a dive boat well known for providing photo ops of same shark is to me a hate crime and should be prosecuted as such.

Definition: "Hate crime is a category used to describe bias-motivated violence."

Whether the shark was killed legally is something the FWC will have to sort out. The fact that its decapitated head was left on the doorstep of a dive boat well known for providing photo ops of same shark is to me a hate crime and should be prosecuted as such.

Definition: "Hate crime is a category used to describe bias-motivated violence."

So you think this is a hate crime? Reach much?

Using that definition everytime I pass and cut off a slow driver it would be a hate crime because I really do hate slow drivers.

I don't know you, but I have to ask what is your affiliation the dive boat?

I won't even mention that this could have been a coincidence that the head was left where it was. Because that would he crazy.

In The Godfather, the mafia put a horse head in a guy's bed to send a message. Perhaps the Florida mafia has different conventions?

...but I may be reaching a bit.

Using that definition everytime I pass and cut off a slow driver it would be a hate crime because I really do hate slow drivers.

I won't even mention that this could have been a coincidence that the head was left where it was. Because that would he crazy.

Thanks for the feedback.

"cut off a slow driver" is not even close to being "bias-motivated violence" and is a terrible example.

From what I've seen, Randy is a strong supporter of a federal ban on shark harvesting which has many commercial shark fisherman up in arms. I don't think jet is reaching much at all.

It should not be hard to... say.... go to facebook or a spearfishing forum and see if there is anything he has done to instigate this. Not that I support any illegal fishing but I see this as hilarious almost surreal,like a caricature of the Deadliest Catch meets The Godfather.

Whoever did it sure has a BFK.

The following species of Hammerhead shark (or any part of any of the following species) are prohibited from all harvest, possession, landing, purchase, sale or exchange:

Great hammerhead (Sphyrna mokarran)
Scalloped hammerhead (Sphryna lewini)
Smooth hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)

Can anyone positivly ID the Shark in the above photos?
Great hammerhead (Sphyrna mokarran). The nearly straight anterior margin (front edge of the head when viewed from above) is the give away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom