SKIP BREATHING is this nonsense?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad Idea CO2 is only one of the many reasons not to skip breath. The only time that you should ever have to skip a breath is when you have to buddy breath in case if equipment failure.

The way that I was taught buddy breathing in my OW class was to be slowly, but constantly exhaling while the other diver has the regulator, and to NEVER be holding my breath. I am very conscious about my breathing as I really hate getting a CO2 headache after a dive.

Bad Idea CO2 is only one of the many reasons not to skip breath. The only time that you should ever have to skip a breath is when you have to buddy breath in case if equipment failure.
The way that I was taught buddy breathing in my OW class was to be slowly, but constantly exhaling while the other diver has the regulator, and to NEVER be holding my breath. I am very conscious about my breathing as I really hate getting a CO2 headache after a dive.
Yeah, I avoid actual buddy breathing on one second stage, all my buds have carried two and I usually carry three, but should it ever come to happen - we will take to an immediate ascent. Not a good time to skip an exhale.

Thanks for clearing that up; missed it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom