Skin Diver Magazine 1969

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recall asking the travel clerk, "Coraleee Marical" what I should do with the tickets ?

Ha! Sam, the stories I could tell you about Coralee.... But then, again, you likely know most of them. However, there was that time she and I went to the 1979 DEMA in New Orleans....

Mark

My first dive, in Lake Underhill, Orlando Florida was in June of 1969. After an OOA incident with a j-valve that was already tripped, I missed a few years of diving. I finally got certified in 2000 and started to dive with a depth gauge, BCD and SPG. Wonderful inventions and made all the difference in my enjoyment. I say I've learned to dive three times now. The first time with Old Master Chief Williams, the second time with my OW instructor and then finally, right here on SB. You guys turned my safety pauses into stops and taught me the value of getting trim and neutral.

I hope to make another dive in that muddy, cruddy, polluted old lake this June.

Where were you 50 years ago? I was probably watching Mike Nelson on Sea Hunt. Why did I wait so long to start diving. To be continued:...

So Cal...

Ah yes...the summer of 1969...brand new Roadrunner...brand new girl friend...good first job...

The only thing remotely wet was the ''submarine races'' on Saturday night...

Sea what...Mike who...anyone for a 1969 ''Hot Rod'' magazine...

Happy New Year...to you all...

Warren

So Cal...

Ah yes...the summer of 1969...brand new Roadrunner...brand new girl friend...good first job...

The only thing remotely wet was the ''submarine races'' on Saturday night...

Sea what...Mike who...anyone for a 1969 ''Hot Rod'' magazine...

Happy New Year...to you all...

Warren

No doubt they still have submarine races in SoCal--I went to many when I was a youngster.

@Scuba Lawyer
Ha! Sam, the stories I could tell you about Coralee.... But then, again, you likely know most of them. However, there was that time she and I went to the 1979 DEMA in New Orleans....
Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She was definitely one of a KIND ! She was one busy body who some how knew every one I think the mold was broken with her-- and we can be eternally grateful that it was broken beyond repair
As I recall it was Coralee who introduced me to a 15 year old Mark- so many years ago

At the first IQ she knew and personally introduced me to Mr. Busy Body, Bill High who was also a male Coralee, and convinced the diving world 40 years later they needed PSI and it would cost $$$ for his course.

The last contact was at Mike Goodwin's new home house warming, I had been invited via of a special BC Harry Rescigno of Inflatable Systems was designing and I was testing and evaluating for Mike. Coralee and Genie Bear Sleeper were renting a home from Mike..... It was quite a party..

A few years later Mike was accused and later convicted of orchestrating the execution of Micky Thompson and his wife (Judy?) in their driveway. He is now incarcerated for life in San Quintin . As I recall his wife was convicted as a accessory and received 15 years.

A year ago Coralee called me -- She had located me vis SCUBA board-- she is now married and immersed in strange religious movement in Oregon -- So Mark be forewarned

These were the days of our dives. Which will never ever be experienced again on this earth
Good Luck with Sea Hunt Forever

SAM

50 years ago I was nine years old.

Not a diver yet, but a dedicated Sea Hunt fan.
I think I was envisioning a career building plastic model airplanes.
It didn't pan out.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom