Skills For Carrying And Using A Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm -- lol now why didnt i think of that ... i was just looking for input thats all - since i already took the class
Wow, and this wasn't covered enough for you? I'm so sorry for that. I make my OW students learn how to carry a 40cf stage when they are doing their S&R. A solo diver needs to be able to unclip and reclip their stages during their dive and show me a couple of ways they could sling it.

It's a waste of time imo. I don't want to keep labelling my regs, and I don't see why I should have a dedicated reg to "Nx50". Having one (a few) for oxygen clean content, sure! Knowing which ones are clean vs the ones that aren't, sure!
You're not the only one doing it, quite a few people argue that it is much safer, I just don't feel like it's gonna save you (you is a general term, don't think I want you dead :wink:). If you already didn't read the tank you took the reg from, why would you read what's on the reg? And if you had read the tank, then you are on the right reg (because it wouldn't breathe if it were the wrong tank).

I'm also not involved in dives with 12 gas switches and don't think I ever will, so that might have some influence.

Sometimes I don't have enough room to move and look at the label on the neck or trace the second back to my tanks. The regs are just there and it helps me to have labels on my seconds. Also my eyesight really bad - it's easier for me to check my labels on my seconds. YMMV :) having 3 ways to verify what you are breathing is better then 2 :D and it only takes like 10 seconds to label.

Wow, and this wasn't covered enough for you? I'm so sorry for that. I make my OW students learn how to carry a 40cf stage when they are doing their S&R. A solo diver needs to be able to unclip and reclip their stages during their dive and show me a couple of ways they could sling it.

It was 12 yes ago...

I was just asking a simple question....sorry if you don't want to give any helpful advice on it...thats fine.

I thought that was the reason people like me asked questions to people like you. Never mind. I withdraw my question

sorry if you don't want to give any helpful advice on it...thats fine.
No, I would be glad to give you advice. I need to know what BC you're diving. A picture would be nice. I'm just surprised it wasn't covered adequately. I'm not blaming you, here.

out of curiousity -- wouldnt it be easy to just mark the hose as to which reg goes to which tank? that's what i would do. safety after all is the #1 concern on a dive.... just saying

While I am relatively new to diving, I've been on a couple dives where the viz was basically zero for part of the dive. Freshwater lakes and rivers can get like that especially if you're trying to recover or repair an object on a silty bottom, and have weeds and tannin contributing to the overall gloom. I think it's important to be able to perform emergency procedures in a blackout, at least around here, even in open water. I've been on dives in 15' of water where I couldn't check my SPG without surfacing.

No, I would be glad to give you advice. I need to know what BC you're diving. A picture would be nice. I'm just surprised it wasn't covered adequately. I'm not blaming you, here.

I am using a zeagle zena - the pic i have is not in my wet suit but it might serve your purposes...
miqRvWe.jpg

Hope this image helps -- if you need more, I can help by providing what you need - thank you

p.s -- dont mind the state of my appearance, i was doing yard work that day LOL -- i was cutting up railroad ties that the previous owner had left in the yard for some stupid reason

Right about where that American flag is.

I don't believe that I am seeing a chest D-Ring. Is that the case? Can you put one on?
Out of curiosity, where are you gonna place the bottom of that tank?
I don't see any usable d-ring on the waist either, so I would backmount that pony... Except if you're able to add another d-ring as far back as possible on one of the waist straps (the ones with the clips)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom