Sizing Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, since it turns out a normal BP is WAY to small for me I have a few questions as I slowly gather funds for a DSS setup.

1) In case the Long pattern is to small for me, I can just return it for the extra long pattern, right? I do want to let it be known that I do have a dive mentor who is very familiar with BP/wings and is a certified Tech and Cave Dive instructor. I am 99% sure that the Long plate will suffice, but want to find out before hand.

2) Would 12' of webbing be enough for a person who is 6'7, kind of long in the torso with a 48" waist be enough? I have no problem paying for the extra length but would hate to have everything fit, get ready to do a pool session only to find out I'm kind of short for the webbing.

At 6'7" I would recommend a long pattern back plate, if you are normally proportioned.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin, thats what I am thinking, just want to make sure if it ends up being to short, I could just send it back for the Extra Long pattern. I'm not going by my thoughts but have a Tech/Cave instructor helping me size up for BP/wing and such. So just in case the Long plate is not long enough, I would be able to just exchange for the other?

Returns are subject to restocking charges. Returns are expensive to process. Backplate sizing is not a very difficult thing to get right the first time, we do it routinely. My best advice is to call me before you order.

Tobin

Returns are subject to restocking charges. Returns are expensive to process. Backplate sizing is not a very difficult thing to get right the first time, we do it routinely. My best advice is to call me before you order.

Tobin

Will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom