Sizing for ScubaPro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a size 13 shoe and recently purchased XL Jets and have been wearing them w/ 3mm booties and have the scars to prove it. Anyone with a 13 try the XXL? I was told the XXL is huge and made for drysuit boots so nobody in my neck of the woods (South Florida) carries them. I am going to try a 5mm bootie in hopes that it helps, I like the performance of the fins but they are absolutely tearing my feet apart.

I wear a size 13 shoe and recently purchased XL Jets and have been wearing them w/ 3mm booties and have the scars to prove it. Anyone with a 13 try the XXL? I was told the XXL is huge and made for drysuit boots so nobody in my neck of the woods (South Florida) carries them. I am going to try a 5mm bootie in hopes that it helps, I like the performance of the fins but they are absolutely tearing my feet apart.

I have the XXL and a 13 foot and yes the foot pocket is for a Sasquatch sized foot. It works for me with a bulky dry suit boot. My Mares Quattros fit nice with a 5mm boot with a more robust sole.

Onespeed - I too wear XXL Jets with size 13 feet. I searched far and wide to find a wet boot that would fit in them ... have only found one that had a great fit "Hightide" brand "Ranger" boots ... unfortunately they appear to have gone out of business :( the next best I've found are a pair of size 14 boots from Pinnacle (Orcas I think) they have a very thick sole and seem to be working quite well, but they are not quite as snug as my hightide boots were.

I agree that the footpockets are terrible :( - I find they rub a hole right thru my boot after a 100 -200 dives and then start rubbing thru my foot (top edge of the fin pocket rubs thru my foot at the joint by my leg) then it's time for a new pair of fins. I have even tried gluing a rubber innertube patch over that spot, but can't seem to get it to stick well enough yet.

If it helps here's the chart I've been working on for boot fit - Aloha Shore Divers

Aloha, Tim

I agree that the footpockets are terrible :( - I find they rub a hole right thru my boot after a 100 -200 dives and then start rubbing thru my foot (top edge of the fin pocket rubs thru my foot at the joint by my leg) then it's time for a new pair of fins. I have even tried gluing a rubber innertube patch over that spot, but can't seem to get it to stick well enough yet.

Same problem here with XL jets. I switched to XL power fins, at least for the moment, and so far now foot problems. However, when I use the jets I put a thick pieces of neoprene (from an old suit) on my feet at the spot hit by the jet pocket. I use socks with my booties, and the socks would keep the neoprene patches in place while I pulled the booties on after which they were locked in place.

I wish Scubapro or someone else would just fix the pocket already. I think the patent is expired so anyone can now make a copy, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom