Sizing for ScubaPro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do notice a significant difference in thrust between the L and XL. It may depend somewhat upon the amount of power available from the human engine. I can tell, less now than when I was young and more fit.

A trick with the XL Jets is using those water shoes with them and a fin sock for warm water or get a good 5MM boot with a semi hard sole for coller water. Beyond that you will begin to feel they are to small as the thick boots make them sit out on the end of your toes to much. If your a size 10 to11 you should be able to get a fit with the XL.

N

I have a pair of XXL Jetfins I use with my drysuit and love them. I would like to also have a pair when diving wet. I wear a size 9 bootie, so what would be the correct size Jetfin to get?

What kind of wetsuit booties do you have? Would you be willing to switch booties to get a better fit with the fins?

You could probably go with either L or XL depending what boots you wear, but XL's seem to be more preferred around here because of the longer blades.

Most likely the XL Jets, but as noted above, depending upon the thickness of your boots you may have the choice of wearing Large jets. I usually figure:

4-6 Medium
6-8 Large
9-11 XL
10-15 Turtles
13-17 XXL

As you can see there is overlap, and it depends so much on the boot that the overlap can be even larger than noted.

Have fun finding the right size - taking your boots to the LDS and trying on the fins you want to buy is a good option.

Here is the chart mentioned earlier: Aloha Shore Divers

Aloha, Tim

Most likely the XL Jets, but as noted above, depending upon the thickness of your boots you may have the choice of wearing Large jets. I usually figure:

4-6 Medium
6-8 Large
9-11 XL
10-15 Turtles
13-17 XXL

As you can see there is overlap, and it depends so much on the boot that the overlap can be even larger than noted.

Have fun finding the right size - taking your boots to the LDS and trying on the fins you want to buy is a good option.

Here is the chart mentioned earlier: Aloha Shore Divers

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim! I learned everything I know about JetFins from your excellent site... thanks :)

Rather than taking your boots to the dive store and finding the JetFin size that fits them it would be better to purchase the JetFin XL (unless your smaller frame or female) and then purchase the boots that work with them. Boots come and go but a pair of JetFins are forever. N

I have a pair of XXL Jetfins I use with my drysuit and love them. I would like to also have a pair when diving wet. I wear a size 9 bootie, so what would be the correct size Jetfin to get?
I wear XL Jets on my drysuit, and they are snug, but perfect for the DS. I find they are too big for me when diving wet, and I also wear a size 9 bootie. BUT, haven't tried a size L Jet when wet, to confirm they are the right size (i suspect they would be) and dive my Quattros instead.

If you have a size 9 shoe then I am surprised the XXL isn't too big for you. That thing is big enough to put over my head. I have a 13 foot and with massive 13 wide (EE) wading boots the XXL fits. The only other fin that I have seen that is larger is the Force Fin XXXL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom