Sizing for ScubaPro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of XXL Jetfins I use with my drysuit and love them. I would like to also have a pair when diving wet. I wear a size 9 bootie, so what would be the correct size Jetfin to get?

On the advice of a tech instructor, I actually traded in my medium Jets for large, even though the medium size was the best fit for my size 10 1/2 feet. Then, I got winter weight (7mm) boots so the fins would fit my feet.

I know it sounds crazy, but I've been diving that way for 5 years now and I wouldn't go back. The larger fins give you more power when swimming hard or pushing a lot of tanks. The medium fins did work better with a tight scissor kick because of less strain on the legs. So if that's your primary kick, you might want to stick with medium. However, I use the frog kick almost exclusively and like the larger fins. You might even try keeping the XXL and finding a boot that makes them fit, just as a test to see if you like it.

I wear 11 and I use a JetFin XL. I don't wear heavy boots with them either, they are essentially a hardsole sock. I think you need XL. The XL has a larger balde area as well.

N

The XL Jet's are rather large. My large fins work on my drysuit, but they're too small for my wife's. We ordered her a set of XL Jet's, and they're huge. Wish they had a happier middle ground between large and XL.

Shane

Not necessarily. I also wear a size 9. I have two pair of Jets, a Large I used for years and an XL I've been using since I switched to a boot with a thicker sole. I notice absolutely no difference in power between the L and the XL. I expected to feel a big difference because of the difference in blade size, but it just wasn't there. Depending on the thickness of the sole of your boots, you could use either a L or an XL.

You might want large. I use Large with size 9 wetsuit booties.
Kidspot (member here) has a web page somewhere with some useful sizing info. You might want to PM him about it.

The XS-Scuba Turtles are very similar to the JetFins, but they come in only one size... which is exactly between the Jetfin XL and XXL.

You might find that the Turtle fins work in both cases...

I wear XL Jets with XL Turbo soles on my DUI suit and they fit perfectly. When I dive wet booties, I wear size 10 SP Delta booties, and I think the Jets are ever-so-slightly too big, but when I tried L Jets, they were ever so slightly too small.

Not sure if that helps you at all.

Back
Top Bottom