SiTech Dry Gloves or Diving Concepts Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave83

Registered
Reaction score
I need to decide on which gloves for my new dry suit.
SiTech Dry gloves or Diving Concepts Dry Gloves?
They are both around the same price.
Thanks for any input.

Dave

Here is a link to my thread of when i got my new SITech gloves with the twist lock rings on them. It has a few pics so you can see the locking style on the rings. After using them a few times,probably my only complaint is that the knit glove is too long. It either needs trimmed or try rolling it up some. For if it get caught in the ring any they will leak. Besides that i love them. Much easier to get on and off by yourself.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/267461-ding-dry-gloves.html

Here is a link to my thread of when i got my new SITech gloves with the twist lock rings on them. It has a few pics so you can see the locking style on the rings. After using them a few times,probably my only complaint is that the knit glove is too long. It either needs trimmed or try rolling it up some. For if it get caught in the ring any they will leak. Besides that i love them. Much easier to get on and off by yourself.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/267461-ding-dry-gloves.html

Looks great Opie...I missed that thread when you posted it. Looks awesome! Have you dove them yet?

Kids dream, what do you mean sealing system? It uses your existing cuff seal, and even if you rip the gloves, your wrist seal still keeps you dry.

The add info doesn't give any detail, so I was trying to confirm who these gloves sealed off.

Kids dream, what do you mean sealing system? It uses your existing cuff seal, and even if you rip the gloves, your wrist seal still keeps you dry.

The add info doesn't give any detail, so I was trying to confirm who these gloves sealed off.

You plug the glove into the receiving unit on the suit, and twist..there is an o-ring, and its sealed...when you want to take it off, just unscrew about 1/4 and its off...:wink:

Wow, that looks much better than the older SI-Tech system I have, which you just push into the cuffs. They tell you not to grease the O-ring but that's the only way I can get it to work reliably. I got them because they were cheap and they were the devil I knew.

Around here, the DC system has many fans. I don't think you could go wrong with them, but this new SI-Tech system looks neat.

A couple of tips:

The blue gloves that the LDS sells for $70 are about $7 bought from the right place, like a fisherman's supply shop. Google Atlas gloves.

The yellow knit liners are warm but as was said, too bulky. Get some snug Polartec gloves with a short cuff from an outdoors store. Mine are actually from a runner's store and they are PERFECT for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom