SiTech Dry Gloves or Diving Concepts Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the SiTech twist-locks and I like that I can drop them out of the latex seals and go back to wet gloves in water that's less cold. You can actually use any glove you like (for example, dishwashing gloves) in the ring system.

-Bryan

PS. While the SiTech instruction sheet says that the rings should twist together until they "click" they made no such sound. I checked with a Whites Drysuits tech and he said they don't click, just turn until tight.

Last edited:
Here is a link to my thread of when i got my new SITech gloves with the twist lock rings on them. It has a few pics so you can see the locking style on the rings. After using them a few times,probably my only complaint is that the knit glove is too long. It either needs trimmed or try rolling it up some. For if it get caught in the ring any they will leak. Besides that i love them. Much easier to get on and off by yourself.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/267461-ding-dry-gloves.html

Just wanted to back up this statement; dove the gloves today and my right hand started to feel a small trickle...

I thought it was just the cold against my hand but my left glove was completely dry and comfy...

I went back to shore where I could stand and quickly removed the ring with a quick twist, sure enough the liner had backed up into part of the ring...

I had to gently push the material away from the ring and then I closed the ring, problem solved...

I finished the dive with the right hand cold at first because of the water that had entered, but by the end of dive my hand was back to body temperature...

These gloves are amazing, that I was able to make a quick adjustment from just the rings...

Amazing system...

MG

p.s
When you lock them in place they do make a snap sound; turn till tight and then apply a little more force and you will hear a click and it's secure...

Back
Top Bottom