Single Tank Valve Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the input guys. OK so sounds like 200 bar DIN with the yoke insert is the way to go. Since most of my diving for the foreseeable future will be non-vacation diving, I think I'll switch my reg over to DIN. If the next time I am on vacation with no access to DIN tanks (and if I dont have a dedicated "vacation" reg at that point), I'll just grab an adaptor... I'll be taking Fundies down at the Mothership in August so getting a DIN Al80 shouldn't be an issue :wink:.

Any differences I should be aware of when it comes to different brands (Thermo, Genesis, Blue Steel)?

Best,
Keith

Check my post above regarding the valves. Just to add to that I would stay away from Genesis as their kits can be expensive and difficult to source and they use a unique seats. Performance wise they are good

Personally i would get a valve that uses an oring for sealing the bonnet valve (dive rite, blue steel, oxycheq, halcyon) rather than a crash washer like thermo. Bit its just me - i fond them easier to source and easier to service. But thermo is a fairly good valve and you can find the seats easy.

Hey Elan,
I know zero about valves. Are there any performance/safety differences between valves that use an o-rings vs. crush washers?
Thanks!

Hey Elan,
I know zero about valves. Are there any performance/safety differences between valves that use an o-rings vs. crush washers?
Thanks!

I do not believe so. The only difference is the washer is less forgiving to the improper torque. Not enough and it will leak. If you have someone service your valves it would not be an issue for you.

I think those valves are referred to as 232 valves. Five threads instead of seven so if you remove the insert, you might have two threads of your DIN first stage showing once it is completely screwed in...that's it and with the insert, you can use Yoke first stage assembly or DIN assembly with a yoke to DIN adapter.

Keith - shoot me your address and I'll mail a Din/yoke adapter to you to throw in your kit. they seem to multiply like rabbits around here for some reason :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom