single divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I graduated from high school the year you were born, NatureDiver, so I think I'm out of the running as a cuddling partner. However....Monterey is an awesome place to live. Lots of diving going on here as well as other outdoor activities. If you're looking for a "good, fun place to work" it's definitely worth investigating.

Just for the record: I vote for Single and Looking forum, too.

I also wish there were a separate forum for buddy searches. I'm new to diving and need to expand my buddy circle. (I'm also new to the board so if this already exists and I've overlooked it, please fill me in).

~LittleFrog

Little frog:
I would like to see a' Single's. forum here too.
It has been brought up in our management forum.
I see a real need for it, and my goal is to always see Scuba board continue to grow, as it has for the last three years.

Natasha, would you be able to share with us some of the reasons scubaboard management does not want to have a singles forum? I can see some obvious reasons why not but am interested to know if they are the same reasons management has.

In case the forum idea gets shot down again, how about expanding what we can include in our profiles? Perhaps a single & looking designation with an age range or geographic range. Just my two $.00

The one and only reason that has been brought up is this.
" There are already matchmaker sites. This is scuba board."
I don't think all the Mods are against it. I will have to try again and get a vote ..if I can. Things are pretty busy right now.

I'm not a single, but I couldn't resist because my diver hubby and I met on a dive vacation. We were both on the same travel agency's "all inclusive" trip, coming out of different cities. We happened to get seated next to each other on the plane when we all connected up for our int'l flight.

We talked, I got his card (networking thing, you know), and though he dived on a different boat, and we didn't hang out together much at our destination, when we got back home we started emailing each other, then visiting, etc.... more dive trips, and 1 year after we met, we got married.

So, my suggestion is to plan trips for single divers..... Meet, dive, exchange email addresses... hopefully you'll meet people from your own area, but that wasn't absolutely necessary for us. Because of his work, I was the one that moved when we got married, but it's worked out fine.

Can that be done through scuba board? I've seen lots of threads where people are recruiting divers for trips....

Best of luck finding your buddies.

I'm kind of surprised that the board profile doesn't require M/F differentiation. It's really hard to tell by the board name what sex a diver is here.

I'd be interested in a Single's forum but not a "Single and Looking". I'm interested in finding new dive buddies more than trying to find a significant other.

Diverlady

diverlady once bubbled...

I'd be interested in a Single's forum but not a "Single and Looking". I'm interested in finding new dive buddies more than trying to find a significant other.

Here here!!

diverlady once bubbled...
I'm kind of surprised that the board profile doesn't require M/F differentiation. It's really hard to tell by the board name what sex a diver is here.

Diverlady

How about just "Single Divers, but not Solo Divers" or something to that effect? I don't want a lady to not be suprised that I don't jump into a relationship. I still have second degree burns from the last one and am willing to admit it. :D

LittleFrog- And I graduated from high school the year YOU were born, but I don't exclude anyone from the cuddling opportunities! Cuddles and hugs are good regardless of age. Beyond that... up to the two individuals involved.

I find myself diving with women in their mid- to late-twenties. We both enjoy our diving quite a lot. For most I fall into the mentor role since they are in well-grounded relationships with non-divers. Fine with me. For a few others it goes beyond that... also fine with me!

Most of my diving is solo due to the nature of my work, but I greatly enjoy diving with a buddy who shares my passion and my dive pattern. Females seem to be more attuned to this than most males (although I have a few male buddies as well, also photogs).

I would really like to find a single woman whose passion is diving to be my life partner/buddy. Marine biologists, especially those undertaking speculative ventures, don't make a lot of money so she'd have to accept a life of voluntary simplicity. All we need is love... and enough for the airfare to some warm water locations in winter!!

Dr. Bill

My comments about Single (but not looking) were more directed at a board forum rather than a trip. What happens on a trip between consenting adults is their business and has nothing to do with who arranged the trip. Certainly arranging a singles trip would fall within the forum's area.

I was trying (apparently not very clearly) to point out that a singles forum doesn't have to be for those 'looking' for a SO but for any divers who don't have a permanent buddy. The "Single and Looking" idea implied (to me at least) that those involved would be trying to use it as a dating forum instead of a diving forum.

Am I making myself clear? :confused: I know what I MEAN to say but I don't know that I'm effectively communicating it on (uh) virtual 'paper'. :type:

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom