Singapore Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the Sipadian may fall thru :-( so I need to figure out a place to go for a weeks wicked diving - any ideas ??

Should cost no more than S$1500 but can max out to S$2000 (like super max) let your ideas flow.

Snoopy once bubbled...
Well, if there isn't a far away place in mind.
There is now

1. How about getting some courses like Nitrox
Did that earlier this year, lining up advanced Nitrox later on ...
P. Hantu.
Sure can for a day, but none of my friends want to go, (scared of ghosts - maybe)

2. Send your gears for servicing.
It's all preety new and that only takes a day or two at most

3. Rent a tank, go to a deep pool eg Outram Sec School's, and practise your boyancy. Think it is about S$12 per tank or something.
Could do but no chance of getting into deco and not much chance of the computer understanding that it's really a dive!!!

4. Work part time in the sparetime to raise $$$ for the next diving season with an aim for a further away place, than your usual fav hidout in Malaysia.
Sure but it's not easy to find a job full time let alone a second one for part time ... but good to see some thought going in to the answer ... off to search the web for ultimate dive trips ... that can be done in a few weeks time...

Well, no insult intended here. Just reading the lines, by the book.

Sentosa's Underwater World will set you back about S$135 for 2 dives. Not cheap, but good place for cheating on the log book - would be easier to list what you did not see. Coz you get to see the best of marine life in one tank.

Will aim for this, as a birthday gift for myself...... :)

Zippsy once bubbled...
Outram pool???? Snoop, when he said he was broke, he didn't mean he was that broke. He should still be able to go overseas to places like like Ubin or Sentosa. Despite the distance and travel tive involved, he may even want to try Woodlands. It's not as exoctic as the islands but you really do have the feel of "getting away from it all" there.

Snoopy once bubbled...
Well, no insult intended here. Just reading the lines, by the book.

Sentosa's Underwater World will set you back about S$135 for 2 dives. Not cheap, but good place for cheating on the log book - would be easier to list what you did not see. Coz you get to see the best of marine life in one tank.

Will aim for this, as a birthday gift for myself...... :)

Now I dived with the Sharks in Melbourne and that was cool, not much swimming but a great chance to see huge creatures that you really wouldn't want to see in the wild, might check it out.

2 dives how does that work? Two tanks?

Snoopy once bubbled...
Two air tanks, 1 for each of the 2 fish tanks that you will be visiting.
Have you been there and dived?
Is is shallow? like 7m max?
how long do you stay under?
Do you have to use there gear?
or bring your own?
Is there much surface interval between the two dives?
Who do I contact?
Do I have to book?

I did 1 tank for $75, in the main tank which ends with feeding the eagle rays, and they let me take my video :)

which is the other tank? the manatee?

Yes you need to book
take your own mask, they provide the rest, and no fins are used you space walk around.

Dont think it is even 7m deep, forget what my comp said.
We got about 40 minutes down there, maybe extended cos one of the girls was playing to the crowd kissing people through the plexiglas.

Flight cost from Singapore to Manado everything in S$685

5 nights - US$325
Pool-View Room B & B Single is USD 65/night. This means that the total for Tasik Ria Resort 5 nights is USD 325.

Dives
The price for 3 guided day-dives by boat is USD 65, including lunch, USD 260 (12 dives).

So, the total price is USD 585, including the airport transfers, American Breakfast, hot buffet lunch on the boat, govt. room tax & service 21%, govt. diving tax 11%. The only other things to budget for are the Bunaken National Park Entrance Fee (Rp.150,000), Tips, Dinner & Drinks, Extras e.g. massage service, telephone calls, laundry.

Grand Total: S$685 +US$585 @1.76 = S$1030 = S$1715

Albion once bubbled...
White manta going to 7 skies, udang and Anambas, should be into Manta season at 7 skies, so rigs should be even better chance of big stuff

Deepavali ....That is one popular date :wacko:

Those interested, better pick up the phone and call, cos I have heard that there's not much "seats " left

sinners once bubbled...
The only other things to budget for are the Bunaken National Park Entrance Fee (Rp.150,000)
Even though we never dived there we were asked for 50,000Rp for the boat going over the area!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom