Singapore Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy once bubbled...

not to advertise for a competing forum but.... no, I don't think these folks do although several people from this thread also follow the FiNS online forum which does organize outings. Individual members there also organize trips.

Hi Zippsy & guys who follow the 'other' thread,

I'm lurking here too.... :D

Now have to figure a way to put in the "wolfman" avatar. =-)

Questions regarding White Manta.

I recently heard from a friend some stories regarding diving on the WhiteManta and wanted to see if they were true at all.

First: that there was an incident of a rebreather dive using a DPV that shot up from 30m to the surface

Second: The boat was impounded / held up by the Indonesian police and they request S$60,000 to be let go, they ended up paying S$10,000

Third: A boat (may not be White Manta) was visited by pirates recently.

I thought it might be an idea to get a second opinion, any one that can confirm or deny these reports?

1) I wasnt on that trip but know someone who was, not sure about the DPV though, check out this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/t35256/s.html

2) Way exagerated if it's the trip i think it is, i was on this one. We were on our way to Udang rigs and had already a morning diving at 7 skies and were making our way into Anambas islands. The local military turned up (complete with boss man in purple shell suit) and being more than a little incompetant they didnt know how much to ask for a bribe, so they took our passports and went off to radio their boss to find out how much. There was also a military exercise in the area together with a new General who may also have contributed to the confusion and pushed the bribe up, however it wasnt at those levels. We did do all the dives (quantity wise) but schedule was all over the place and basically ended up trading off Udang rigs in favour of Kuantan wreck and Repulse. I understand that the 'problem' is now sorted and an understanding is in place, although the rigs are aparently operational now so cant go diving up there anyway

3) no idea

Albion once bubbled...
1)http://www.scubaboard.com/t35256/s.html

2) Way exagerated i.... although the rigs are aparently operational now so cant go diving up there anyway
thanks for the info .. poor guy on the first point.. second point ARE the rigs operational - WOW really .. guess I missed that dive .. oh well there are many more to do.
thanks

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a Suunto Mosquito, has anyone had any problems with the Singapore batch of computers?

Jazz

Hi singaporeans,

I have been searching around for diver's t-shirts... like ocean images from united kingdom. I have been looking around for quite sometimes and also browsed online but can't find anything in Singapore unless i buy it online from other countries. So does anyone have any idea where i can get these t-shirts in Singapore? And have anyone try to import t-shirts from ocean images?
Thanxs...

Perhaps making your own T-shirt would be one idea.

Idea 1 :

Select you fav image, as high resolution as possible. Bring it to the T-shirt shop at basement of Pennisula Hotel Shopping Arcade.
They should be able to make the neccessary printout on special paper and then print onto the T-shirt. If you are aiming for quality T-shirts, bring your own also can.

Idea 2 :

Seen a few of the (above type) shops in City Square in JB. The cost ranges from RM15 - 30 for a polo T-shirt.

Hey folks,

I am presently using the mosquito and I got it at the authorised dealer "Paris" at S$450 cash or S$460 Credit. I think S$300 is a great price. Is it new?

Well on top of my mosquito I am wanting to rent another D/C
Does any one know where I can get one.

Jazz

Jazz once bubbled...
Hey folks,

I am presently using the mosquito and I got it at the authorised dealer "Paris" at S$450 cash or S$460 Credit. I think S$300 is a great price. Is it new?

Well on top of my mosquito I am wanting to rent another D/C
Does any one know where I can get one.

Jazz

You mean at S$300 for mosquito? Not that I know of ...... I know Divers Dream is selling it for about the same price at "Paris" and the watch shop at Brash Basar Complex is selling Mosquito at nearly $900 :wacko: .... I almost cannot believe my ears when she told me the price, I can get a Stinger complete with the PC interfect with that amount of money :wink:.

blurblock once bubbled...

You mean at S$300 for mosquito? Not that I know of ...... I know Divers Dream is selling it for about the same price at "Paris" and the watch shop at Brash Basar Complex is selling Mosquito at nearly $900 :wacko: .... I almost cannot believe my ears when she told me the price, I can get a Stinger complete with the PC interfect with that amount of money :wink:.

Did u go to the shop facing the ATM machine? That's the price range they quote.

There's another shop at Bras Basar. It's main entrance is facing Raffles Hotel. Can't remember the name but the prices they quoted are much, much more reasonable. I think it's just beside the photo shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom