Singapore Air luggage allowances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calinectes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Singapore Air's carry-on allowance for economy is only 1 bag weighing a max of 15lbs. Do they usually enforce this?

How do you pack regs, mask, camera and housing, and a change of clothes + personal items when the bag itself can be 1/2 of the allowance. BTW... my camcorder + housing weighs in at only 10lbs.

Advice please!

They did weigh my carry-in when I flew to Singapore in September. They let me slide by a few pounds, but not without scolding me first. Reminds me of the time I got pulled over for jaywalking across Orchard Rd.

I check my luggage, with the exception of my camera.

One thing that has worked for me is to have somebody else hold the carryon while I go check in. If they don't see it, they won't weigh it. At the gate, they shouldn't ask about it if it doesn't LOOK heavy. ;-)

Taxgeek:
One thing that has worked for me is to have somebody else hold the carryon while I go check in. If they don't see it, they won't weigh it. At the gate, they shouldn't ask about it if it doesn't LOOK heavy. ;-)

Aaah, great idea Taxgeek!

yes, practice your technique of hauling that carryon that weighs a ton while making it appear light as a feather. Another reason to go to the gym. :)

Yeah, and get one that looks trim or is school backpack style. I flew EVA not Singapore, but the same issue applies, except EVA allowed 1 bag and one personal item: they didn't like my black samsonite 22" roller bag, which weighted not too much, but they were fine with my pink school style backpack which must have weighed 35 lbs. Too wierd.

They do allow 1 personal item as well. I'll just have to make my "purse" a backpack or nice camera bag I guess. I'll probably put the ballast for my housing (most of it's 9lbs) in my check.

Calinectes:
They do allow 1 personal item as well. I'll just have to make my "purse" a backpack or nice camera bag I guess. I'll probably put the ballast for my housing (most of it's 9lbs) in my check.

OK, so I guess a camera bag would work as a personal item, you think?

SQ is generally very generous when it comes to carry on and check in luggage. This all depends on the airport you're checking in at of course.. and the ground agents. EX Singapore, I've never had any issues with my 4kg laptop bag as well as my roller (more than 10 kg). Never had them weighted of course.

And then there was the time I checked in EX BKK with a 30kg statue (on top of my check in luggage), they took in both (I was at 43kg) without any extra charge even tho I'm only a KF silver.

Good luck... and don't try to look too suspicious tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom