Since we're fascinated diver pee habits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, if you could get the same wetsuit you have now (or any other wetsuit), but with a velcro (or other) flap in the necessary area - would you be willing to open the flap so that you could pee WITHOUT peeing in your wetsuit (note: for some of you, this would probably mean you have "something" hanging out in view for any who care to look), or would you rather just pee in your wetsuit?

If you would prefer this flap - would you pay extra for it? And if so, how much?

Oh, boy... you seem obsessed with the wetsuit peeing thing. It's the 2nd or 3rd thread you start about this subject isn't it?.... :shocked2:

Anyways... Imagine this: you have this wetsuit with a flap. Then you have to go. So *everybody* around would know that you're peeing. Wouldn't it be weird? If you pee in the wetsuit without having to flap it open, at least people won't know what you have been doing down there. :D

I am just imagining an instructor in front of OW class doing a briefing, when his worn out velcro on his "flap" gives away without him noticing.:whistling:

Anyways... Imagine this: you have this wetsuit with a flap. Then you have to go. So *everybody* around would know that you're peeing. Wouldn't it be weird? If you pee in the wetsuit without having to flap it open, at least people won't know what you have been doing down there. :D
But, if people seem me to into the restroom, don't they know that I am (at least) peeing too?

I am just imagining an instructor in front of OW class doing a briefing, when his worn out velcro on his "flap" gives away without him noticing.
Nothing like an unannounced "equipment check" to make sure the class is paying attention.

I'd like it. I'm pretty sure at least in the murky Pacific Northwest, no one would see a whole lot as long as you don't make it completely obvious. Or even just have a compromise solution: have a flap that can be opened without making anything "hang out", you'd still pee in the wetsuit, but at least not much would stay against your skin.

The downside of all of this is that it's not good from a heat perspective.

But, if people seem me to into the restroom, don't they know that I am (at least) peeing too?

One thing is to KNOW what's going on. Another different thing is to WATCH the whole act! :wink:

One thing is to KNOW what's going on. Another different thing is to WATCH the whole act! :wink:
But if people are spending their underwater time watching you pee, then you know they must be fairly interested in watching you pee. This can lead to some interesting discussions during the surface interval.

"You know Bob - I noticed that you were watching me take a pee on the last dive. Are you pretty interested in that kind of thing? I know there are plenty of sites on the internet with that kind of stuff - can you make any recommendations? I'm doing a paper for my deviant psychology course and thought maybe I could interview you...."

My Dm had a zipper on that area, didn't see him use it. Ha...

To avoid smell, pull the wetsuit neck, let water go in, run through and release it through the opening at the ankle, work better if you flush when you upside down.

So many threads an yet I'm participating in every one of it... :D

Once again, if you're well-hydrated, it's not much of an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom