DIR- GUE Simple Question - Global Underwater Explorers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justDCS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A simple question, but a question none the less. Moving from SSI to GUE, and I'd like to get the conversation off to a good, intelligent start:

Is it G-U-E, "Goo", or "Goo-ey"

TIA!

Or Goo-ey...whatever you like.

If you want to express disdain for GUE, say "goo-ey". I've only heard that from people who dislike the organization and its members. If you want to have a respectful engagement with members, use the pronunciation of the 3 letters. The choice is yours.

A simple question, but a question non the less. Moving from SSI to GUE, and I'd like to get the conversation off to a good, intelligent start:

Is it G-U-E, "Goo", or "Goo-ey"
Good question. Some of them do get angry when you don't say it the right way. Just say the letters and make it sound American (should be easy for you).

If you want to express disdain for GUE, say "goo-ey". I've only heard that from people who dislike the organization and its members.
Simply not true. :no:

Just say the letters and make it sound American (should be easy for you).
I've sometimes wondered how non-English speakers pronounce the names of the various three-letter agencies. It would make sense to me that they pronounce the letters as they would in their own language. Similarly, should I pronounce "CMAS" as a Frenchman would? I'm not sure there's any alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom