Similan liveaboard suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm considering a one week liveaboard in the Similans in mid January. A Phuket departure appears to be more convenient than Khao Lak as respects airline schedules.

Looking for budget, but decent, liveaboard suggestions.

Thanks

For a lower cost boat, consider the Dive Race (formerly the White Manta). It has the same crew as it used to, just a new owner. I have no connection to the new owner or the boat any longer but I still think it's a good value for money LOB.

DiveRACE

I'm considering a one week liveaboard in the Similans in mid January. A Phuket departure appears to be more convenient than Khao Lak as respects airline schedules.

Looking for budget, but decent, liveaboard suggestions.

Thanks

The budget boats all leave from Khao Lak. A good number of them offer transfers from Phuket at no additional charge. To spend one week in the Similans on a budget boat, you will have to do back to back trips. Boats with longer trips tend to be more upscale.

I'm using Dive Race for my similans trip, 28th Jan to 1 Feb with some friends.
Let me know if u keen to join us.
(Have not tried Dive Race before so not sure of the standard)

Sea Dragon do a good budget option. As has been said, some companies do a free transfer to Khao Lak. I just got one of the regular minibus's that leave directly from Phuket airport to khao Lak. No problem.

kat how is SeaDragon? I see as someone said that the 6 night trip has one day spent returning to port as its actually 2-3 day trips and they don't have nitrox. But, other than that, it looks very good.

Thanks all. I have the info I need.

68.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom