Similan Islands, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weeksd

Contributor
Reaction score
Similan Islands diving is very different from other areas i have dove. Boulders the size of houses stacked upon each other on some sites. Normal walls and reefs on others. On the sites with the huge boulders it seems the soft corals and other colorful species are between the boulders. While swimming through the passages between boulders color everywhere. On sites such as richelieu rock soft corals are everywhere. On a wreck we did i had eighteen lionfish feeding. So amazing the feeding frenzy i shot one hundred fifty pictures on that dive. Visibility ranges from One hundred feet to ten feet. Richelieu rock is very good for whalesharks but the day we did it i could barely see my fins visibility was so bad. Just got to go again as a whaleshark could have been ten feet away but no way to see it. It happens. I use a nikon d40x in an aquatica housing with the nikon 16-85mm lens. Ikelite AI strobe. For more photos my website is
reefscenics' Photos | SmugMug
DSC_0135 - Version 2.jpgDSC_0157.jpgDSC_0131.jpgDSC_0145.jpg[h=3][/h]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom