Similan Islands liveaboard (Richelieu) OR Hin Daeng dive trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeggoDiveyDivey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Mulling an April trip to Phuket and deciding on whether to dive a Richlieu liveaboard or Hin Daeng? I have searched and both come recommended, though the reviews say while Richelieu rock is amazing, the other dive sites in the similan are less so, so most recommend a 3D/2N or 4D/3N liveaboard

Not too much info on Hin Daeng except that its beautiful, has no liveaboards and is a day trip. Loads of mantas and whalesharks apparently?

Any tips/guides/opinions are totally recommended!

Im not sure if Songkran will be a big think this year, hopefully not as I try to stay away from crowds

Day trip(long day) to Hin Daeng is usually from Koh Lanta(better) or Ao Nang.
You can combine both destinations as one trip.

Songkran was the main reason for the surge last yr in the Kingdom.
Same weekend as Easter in 2022!!
LoB is the best way to stay away from the crowd.

Here is a video of Hin Daeng and PhiPhi i did as a liveaboard trip on the Diverace liveaboard. Its very good at Hin Daeng with good visibility but phi phi average visibility

Similian islands video

HD+HM are nice but Similan+Richelieu is just so much better. Go with Sea Dragon Dive Center's M/V Andaman. I just did a week with them and had an incredibly good time both underwater and onboard, despite being miserably seasick most of the time.

Here is a video of Hin Daeng and PhiPhi i did as a liveaboard trip on the Diverace liveaboard. Its very good at Hin Daeng with good visibility but phi phi average visibility

Similian islands video

On a side note - wow its been ages since I heard a LTE song

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom