Silly things heard on dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White sand is not chewed up coral in terms of a blanket statement. The sand on the beaches of Destin and the Gulf are white and the material is multi cycle quartz sand. It is quartz--silica--not carbonate as would be coral. It is not the product of fish eating corals or whatever.

N

My DB said "You need to keep up with me when you stop to take pictures."

Actually, in retrospect, one of the funniest things I ever heard a diver say was the one in my Fundies class who said, "I have no interest in technical diving -- I just want to be the best recreational diver I can be."

It was me . . . :D

We were in Fiji, last March, and there was a typhoon in the area. Current is always ripping in that area on a good day. On this particular day, the water was very rough, wind was blowing hard, rain was coming down in torrents, so the dive shop told our group they were canceling the dive. One of the guys in the group protested, asking, very seriously, "What's the worst that could happen?"

i suppose the most basic silly thing ive heard is from non-diving strangers

fully decked out with gear and ready to go and someone walking past and asks "are you going diving?"

ummmm nope - i just like walking around with 40kgs of equipment on me and in a wetsuit :wink:

cheers

Actually, in retrospect, one of the funniest things I ever heard a diver say was the one in my Fundies class who said, "I have no interest in technical diving -- I just want to be the best recreational diver I can be."

It was me . . . :D

I don't think it's funny at all, and from everything I've read by and about you, you're doing an excellent job.

Thanks, Walter, but having just finished my first cave class, I think I've gone a bit beyond anything I was contemplating when I made that statement . . . :)

While on Cayman Brac I had a discussion with a man about night diving. He had to fly from Cayman Brac to Grand Cayman the next morning at 6am the night dive left the dock at 7:30. He could not understand why the resort would not allow him to dive as being in the air would pressurize him to the same pressure as being underwater. He then added that he had a better chance at getting decompression sickness being on land and that he would be much safer in the air. I told him he might want to take a refresher course.

I was helping divers onto the boat. The last man in passes up his fins and as he steps up this odd smell hits me and I see the brown water seeping out from the bottom of his suit. He says, "I thought I just had to fart. May I have a peel?"

Suspecting the DM is bent after a wreck dive, we suggest Capt take the boat in.
I assumed we barely had enough O2 to make the dock, as we were taking it slow.
Impatient, I asked where he was headed.
Capt: (Name of town)
Self: Do they have a chamber?
Capt: "Of commerce?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom